Make fun of the new SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am sure most of us will want to complain about all the changes to the SDN forums....we need a "forum" to vent our complaints, and more importantly to poke fun at the changes...

I will start you off..
If you check your alerts... they give you "trophies". OMG, this is so junior high school. Let's all be BFF.
Really, this is not encouraging professionalism. Dumbing down a pre-professional and professional site like this is just AWESOME (not).

Members don't see this ad.

The trophies are for how many years you are a member - same concept just a different way of implementing it. Really....

Also figures you would start this thread - you old curmudgeon :rolleyes:

Yes you get alerts for when someone quotes you or PMs you - seems handy enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's wrong with the new emoticons???? They are all creepy. :(

And you get alerts when someone quotes you

Oh, I finally found the alerts. I don't tend to look up that high on this page, just used to clicking on threads and getting a pop-up if I have a private message. Honestly, I don't mind the new format. It will take some time to get used to some things, but it really isn't that different. I just didn't even see the alerts.

Pretty sure you can disable the alerts.

You would have thought they'd have added an emoticon thing on the app. *dislike*

My inbox is a mess.....

But I think the convo PMs are preferable.....they just don't have backwards compatibility I guess.

I'm confuzzled....where's the little arrow tab that takes you to the last post?

The worst part about new formats is they make me feel like a total idiot when I can't figure stuff out.

I'm confuzzled....where's the little arrow tab that takes you to the last post?

The worst part about new formats is they make me feel like a total idiot when I can't figure stuff out.

There is a box on top that is next to the page numbers (no page numbers yet on this page) but it says "go to first unread" click on that. Also, I have noticed that it tends to automatically take you to the first unread post in many cases.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like a lot of the old emoticons are gone too.

Is anyone else having trouble quoting/replying? Half the time it quotes the wrong post, or quotes two posts randomly. And then it freezes up and won't allow me to type or use the return key to start a new line. Dislike.

I cannot even access on my computer. I have had to access via phone or iPad app.

When I log in...it takes me to Google. o_o Will now choose the stay logged in option while on my laptop, I guess.

Wait, what? We can "like" things? Someone's taking a page from Facebook's...book.

Half the posts aren't even loading right.

Also, the time zone isn't correct and it's making me unhappy. :(

I am not saying that I hate the new design, but I am just not a huge fan. I am not liking the quote box... it is hard to read since it makes the text smaller.

Guys, they just moved everything over. There is a huge disclaimer at the top that says that not everything is done yet. Give it some time. They said to expect some issues to occur until the entire move is complete and everything is settled. Overall, it really isn't that different. Yes some things are gone and some things are different, but the basic stuff is still there. And there could be changes that occur to bring things back or update things, just give it time; the upgrade isn't even complete yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Guys, they just moved everything over. There is a huge disclaimer at the top that says that not everything is done yet. Give it some time. They said to expect some issues to occur until the entire move is complete and everything is settled. Overall, it really isn't that different. Yes some things are gone and some things are different, but the basic stuff is still there. And there could be changes that occur to bring things back or update things, just give it time; they upgrade isn't even complete yet.

Yes yes. But whining is better than studying phys. :p

Edit: things are actually changing as we speak! The "like" function just appeared on the app.

Study? But it is my last day of freedom.

*logs in to SDN*

*has panic attack*

EDIT:

MY AVATAR DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. DAGNABBIT!

Two questions:

1) How can I delete all my PMs. Er. Conversations. Whatever they're called - how can I delete all the old ones? I don't actually see any delete?

2) Is there a way to display with most recent posts in a thread at the top, like I used to be able to do?

I'm old. I resist change.

Two questions:

1) How can I delete all my PMs. Er. Conversations. Whatever they're called - how can I delete all the old ones? I don't actually see any delete?

2) Is there a way to display with most recent posts in a thread at the top, like I used to be able to do?

I'm old. I resist change.

1) check the boxes next to the PM or conversation. There should be a box that pops up. In the drop down menu, choose leave conversation. You can do it with multiples at a time.

2) I'm not having that issue. But there should be a button at the bottom of your page for thread display options.

hangover… I'm not even gonna try to look at the forum right now my head is exploding

also… we can update our statuses… lol ok facebook :D

Have we figured out what the trophy points are?

(Yes, I'm being lazy)

This is the first I've seen it on my laptop....I like the new appearance! I'm going to miss the meanie, laughing and naughty smilies though....

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out...lol rewards points.

Last edited:
I miss the head banging smiley :( Hopefully they add some more!!

Dude! I really like the "like" button though! Sometimes, I don't wanna actually reply. Just "Here, have my like"

Reactions: 1 user
I was going to be attempting to mod my first WW right about now, not sure how that's going to work with the new format. Especially as they keep working on it, which most likely means it's going to be down somewhat frequently.

So, does everyone have an unlimited inbox, then? Other than 'no ads', what's the big perk to donating to SDN now? I did it mainly for the added PM capabilities.

There was no problem to "solve". I was simply asking. Geez. Who peed in your wheaties this morning?

Also. Wheatties are so gross. No joke. I had eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast. Then that was so tiring I went back to sleep for a little while.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude! I really like the "like" button though! Sometimes, I don't wanna actually reply. Just "Here, have my like"
Said it elsewhere.... I want a DISLIKE button. That is more suiting my personality anyway.
And that like button does add a new dimension to WW.

And I agree the new "quote" thing looks horrible while you are replying, but looks much better once posted.

Said it elsewhere.... I want a DISLIKE button. That is more suiting my personality anyway.
And that like button does add a new dimension to WW.

And I agree the new "quote" thing looks horrible while you are replying, but looks much better once posted.

anyone discovered a multi quote yet?