Male Nurse Salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

cvpmvp33

So what is the average salary male nurses make? Lets say telemetry or ICU. Particularly in chicago.

Members don't see this ad.

www.allnurses.com <---Best place to talk to nurses to get the real salary 411. They have a male nurse section and lots of guys who will give you the scoop.

You will make the same as a female nurse (or even a non-gendered nurse) in telemetry or ICU, particularly in Chicago.

Members don't see this ad :)
You will make the same as a female nurse (or even a non-gendered nurse) in telemetry or ICU, particularly in Chicago.

A non-gendered, you mean there is a space that you can check off on the application if you a "non-gendered?" So based on what you wrote there are male and female and Hermaphrodite? Where do you check off if you are a “tranny”? :laugh:

;) Mars

So what is the average salary male nurses make? Lets say telemetry or ICU. Particularly in chicago.

Please tell me you are not even remotely suggesting that a man who is a nurse should make more money than a woman who is a nurse.

To answer the OP's question I can tell ya that as a graduate of a male nurse school, I made a gross salary that was shockingly comparable to my y-deficient colleagues.

Of course I had decreased work related expenses since I wore only one shade of pastel colored scrubs and didn't have to purchase feminine hygeine products. (stupendous savings!!!)

I did break even on the make up expenditures since any self respecting male nurse will need some good foundation and a high quality eye liner.

If salary is really a concern I recommend going to a gender-neutral college and obtaining a BSN with a minor in male studies.

Good Luck:love: :love: :love:
You go girl!!