Malpractice Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chonal Atresia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a "ballpark" figure for the cost of malpractice insurance for a board-certified sleep doc contracted out by a private sleep lab (not affiliated with a hospital)? I would only be reading studies as well as performing patient consultations (i.e. I would NOT be the medical director). The job is in North Carolina and I am dual board-certified in Otolaryngology and Sleep Medicine but would be performing no otolaryngology and need no coverage for this (this is a potential moonlighting opportunity separate from my government job for which I'm already covered). I would want the standard $1,000,000/$3,000,000 tail policy, right? Also, any idea where I could get info on an insurance policy?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

A friend and colleague sent me this message about 1.5 years ago:

"We just found a malpractice insurance plan strictly for sleep medicine...they also cover the DME. This is pretty unusual.

I wanted to share the name if your interested. It cut my malpractice by 6k/year plus it covers my DME activity.

Anyway, feel free to pass it on

Cailor Fleming Insurance

800-796-8495

Agent: Don Foley"

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Rack,

How has your experience been? Are you still using them and are they a national chain? Your drop of 6k was from internal medicine coverage right?

Thanks for any advice.

Dr. Rack,

How has your experience been? Are you still using them and are they a national chain? Your drop of 6k was from internal medicine coverage right?

Thanks for any advice.

sorry, I have no experience with them. I use Medical Assurance company of Mississippi (who I highly recommend to those who practice medicine in MS).

I am currently living in Memphis TN, but only practice medicine in MS. If I start to practice in Memphis, I will have to look further into that company

Thanks, I misunderstood what you had written. I thought you had signed on with them as well.