Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Malpractice Insurance

Discussion in 'Sleep Medicine' started by Chonal Atresia, 02.20.10.

1. Chonal Atresia

Chonal Atresia

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Anybody have a "ballpark" figure for the cost of malpractice insurance for a board-certified sleep doc contracted out by a private sleep lab (not affiliated with a hospital)? I would only be reading studies as well as performing patient consultations (i.e. I would NOT be the medical director). The job is in North Carolina and I am dual board-certified in Otolaryngology and Sleep Medicine but would be performing no otolaryngology and need no coverage for this (this is a potential moonlighting opportunity separate from my government job for which I'm already covered). I would want the standard $1,000,000/$3,000,000 tail policy, right? Also, any idea where I could get info on an insurance policy?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. michaelrack

michaelrack All In at the wrong time SDN Advisor

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    A friend and colleague sent me this message about 1.5 years ago:

"We just found a malpractice insurance plan strictly for sleep medicine...they also cover the DME. This is pretty unusual.

I wanted to share the name if your interested. It cut my malpractice by 6k/year plus it covers my DME activity.

Anyway, feel free to pass it on

Cailor Fleming Insurance

800-796-8495

Agent: Don Foley"
  3. Chonal Atresia

Chonal Atresia

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thanks for the info - I'll be sure to check it out.
  4. Manicsleep

Manicsleep

Attending Physician
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Dr. Rack,

How has your experience been? Are you still using them and are they a national chain? Your drop of 6k was from internal medicine coverage right?

Thanks for any advice.
  5. michaelrack

michaelrack All In at the wrong time SDN Advisor

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    sorry, I have no experience with them. I use Medical Assurance company of Mississippi (who I highly recommend to those who practice medicine in MS).

I am currently living in Memphis TN, but only practice medicine in MS. If I start to practice in Memphis, I will have to look further into that company
  6. Manicsleep

Manicsleep

Attending Physician
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks, I misunderstood what you had written. I thought you had signed on with them as well.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal