Management software question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wishin'n'Hopin'

And lots of studyin'
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I will be going into practice with a relative who doesn't have a practice management software program. We are looking to get one shortly. Ive only used Axium in school and have downloaded a trial version of Opendental to test out. What programs have any of the practicing dentists been very pleased with? Which are user friendly?

Some more info about the practice:
- 2 dentists, 1 hygienist, 1 front office user
- Gendex pan with vixwin imaging software
- lenovo computers

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

You should take a look at the big 3 ( eaglesoft - patterson, dentrix - Schein and Practiceworks). That being said, I have used DOX (dental office express) or its predecessors for the last 26yrs (2 docs, 2 hygienists, digital pan, intra-orals sensors and camera in my general family practice and have been very satisfied. My computer hardware is a dedicated server and 9 work stations. I think you will find a server - work station setup is reccomended for hardware.

Yes I've looked into a server and that seems to be the way to go.

Are all of the software programs similarly priced? Do they all offer ways to submit insurance forms, recall patients, etc.?

Thank you OhioDMD for your opinion. Anyone else out there have a recommendation?