Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Manchester College - inaugural class

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by asdirected, 11.10.11.

1. Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. asdirected

asdirected Fairly Average Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I haven't seen a thread yet so I figured I would start one.

Anyone else apply here?

It would be cool to be a part of a school's inaugural class, but the whole accreditation thing is concerning.

What do you guys think?
  2. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I did. I would rather not go to a pre-candidate school, but I also want to go somewhere.

3. asdirected

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah I agree.
  4. jrvanlie

jrvanlie

Pre-Pharmacy
    I applied, let me know if you guys here anything!
  5. SadPharma

SadPharma

Pre-Pharmacy
    I would encourage those looking at unaccredited schools to search for the personal stories of those who went to Hawaii College of Pharmacy and Midway College. It is possible for you to be admitted to a college that will never graduate a single PharmD.
  6. asdirected

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    :eek: Are you one of those students? That would be terrible :(.. but I agree, this school is definitely just a back-up plan if anything
  7. hubbarjd

hubbarjd

Pre-Pharmacy
    Did anyone else get the email saying we should hear an update on our admissions status (meaning interview or not) by the 3rd of February?

It really makes me nervous to attend an unaccredited school. As the inaugural class, would we just have to take some extra exams upon graduation or is there more to it?
  8. bln89

bln89

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got the same email on Friday. Haven't heard anything else since then.
  9. asdirected

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    i got it too.. im not exactly sure of how it works but i dont think there are any other tests.. i know the school has to graduate its first class before it can move on to the next stage of accreditation though.. then i think if they are allowed to move to the next stage then the students would be able to sit for licensing exams.. its definitely taking a gamble to go to an unaccredited school but it could turn out fine
  10. hubbarjd

hubbarjd

Pre-Pharmacy
    Anyone receive an interview yet? I got an email on January 31st saying my application was in review. I was hoping that the update on the status of my application they promised by the 3rd was going to be an interview invite, but whatever. I feel like Manchester is really lagging behind on getting out interviews.
  11. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I am missing a letter of recommendation, so I got an email saying my application would remain on hold for one week only. I got that on the 31st, so we'll see. I don't think I've ever seen Pharmcas receive and post something in a week or less. Honestly, I won't be too upset if I don't get an interview, but since I want to go SOMEWHERE, I had to try.

12. jweeze

jweeze

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I received the same emails about my application being under review. I won't be accepting an interview since I'll be attending elsewhere but it doesn't seem extremely organized from the correspondence I've received.
  13. hubbarjd

hubbarjd

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have other interviews set up, but no concrete acceptances yet. So I'd definitely still accept an interview invite so that I can go somewhere next year. It'd be one of my last choices, but still an option none the less.
  14. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Right, I'd still accept an interview too. It would be better if I had an acceptance elsewhere. Regardless, I don't think I'll get an interview here anyway.

15. hubbarjd

hubbarjd

Pre-Pharmacy
    Why not?
  16. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I am missing a 3rd letter of reccommendation. My boss is working on it, but I don't think it will be submitted on time.
  17. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    So...I just got another email saying they are currently reviewing my application. That reminded me, has anyone heard yet? I miraculously got an extra letter of recommendation in on time. (Thanks to my awesome boss), so I'm assuming my application is no longer on hold.
  18. hubbarjd

hubbarjd

Pre-Pharmacy
    Still haven't heard anything since they said they were reviewing my application on January 31st. I figured at least some people would have been invited for interviews...but it seems like they're taking their time.
  19. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    http://www.manchester.edu/pharmacy/index.htm
    Looks like they were granted pre-candidate status on the 9th. I bet we'll hear about interviews this week. I wonder if they were waiting for the ACPE decision before interviews.
  20. hubbarjd

hubbarjd

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got my interview invite today for March 3. I'm not sure if I'll be attending though...I've already been accepted to my second choice school and interview with my first choice on March 1st. I hate turning down an interview invite though...
  21. asdirected

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    im in the same boat! :rolleyes:
  22. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Me too! I can't make the interview date though. 10 days is too short of a time to ask off from work. I'm going to ask for another date.
  23. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I worked it out, I'll be there on the 3rd
  24. Pharming22

Pharming22

Pre-Pharmacy
    Last edited: 04.04.12
  25. P2012

P2012

congratulations on your interview! i am anxiously waiting for my interview too. if you dont mind me asking, what were your science/overall GPA and PCAT score.

Also for everyone else that got nterviews, please share your stats..it's greatly appreciated
    :) I applied early october and havnt heard anything yet. Super anxious..:(
  26. hubbarjd

hubbarjd

Pre-Pharmacy
    I turned down my interview invitation today. Maybe you'll get my spot :)

My GPA is 3.4 and PCAT of 65. Stats aren't that great, but I make up for it with almost having my bachelors, working for 3 years as a pharmacy tech/intern, and a lot of extracurriculars, volunteer work, and leadership experience.

Good luck! I hope you get your interview!
  27. P2012

P2012

Thank you:)
  28. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Check your spam box. I had some of the correspondence from them had ended up there for some reason.
  29. P2012

P2012

For those who already had an interview at the Manchester college of pharmacy, can you please share how it went?
  30. adorkablemeh

adorkablemeh

Pre-Pharmacy
    I just received my interview invite today. Anyone else gonna be there March 24th?
  31. Vietpharm2012

Vietpharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have the interview on march 24 too. I m thinking about that now since I have one in FL on 22, so it will be too much to fly around in 4 days. I m living in Houston. I will try to make it or reschedule.
  32. yuki26

yuki26

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi, I have an interview March 31. If anyone has interviewed before, can you give me an idea what it was like? This is going to be my first interview and I'm really nervous. I am from Houston and will be going there by myself. Does anyone else have an interview on the same day?
  33. adorkablemeh

adorkablemeh

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm coming from Houston too. lol, what a coincidence. yes please! if anyone has interviewed, please share your experience!!
  34. yuki26

yuki26

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Cool! Good luck and please share your experience with us.
  35. Vietpharm2012

Vietpharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    To adorkademeh, did you book the ticket yet? Any idea to get a cheaper one. It is so expensive from Houston to Indiana, I checked last nite, it was like around 800. :(
  36. Vietpharm2012

Vietpharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    Sure Yuki26. And I am so excited to know both of you from same Houston town with me.
  37. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I was a the March 3rd interview. It was very informal. They had presentations during the morning and then after lunch (they served breakfast and lunch) we were split into three groups to participate in three seperate portions of the interview. One was a panel with one of the deans, Joe, to ask questions. He was great and responded quite candidly about the fact that the school was new and what their plans were for the future. After, I had my interview with two local pharmacists, closed file. Be prepared to talk yourself up quite a bit. Know the strengths and weaknesses of your application. They asked the type of questions you'd expect in an interview. Why pharm etc. Nothing was surprising. The third was a team building exercise. I'm not sure what purpose it served, but I participated enthusiastically anyway. The school is expensive and would require a move on my part, but I'd go there even though it's a new school. I think it will be a good program. Good Luck
  38. adorkablemeh

adorkablemeh

Pre-Pharmacy
    so there wasn't an essay portion? I read on their website that the interview would include that and I hate writing essays on the spot :( thanks for sharing your experience!!! i am sooo nervous about the interview.
  39. adorkablemeh

adorkablemeh

Pre-Pharmacy
    im actually make it a road trip with my family, we're gonna go to explore Indiana as well since it's a possibility it may be my home for the next 4 years. I feel you though...I was gonna fly at first and the ticket with a hotel was about 700 dollars.
  40. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Where in Indiana are you exploring? Ft. Wayne is in a fairly rural part of the state
  41. adorkablemeh

adorkablemeh

Pre-Pharmacy
    Lol. Well just to see the surroundings of the school in case I get in..Since we're from Texas, we won't get alot of chances to actually go to Indiana from now until August so just decided to make a trip out of it.
  42. Vietpharm2012

Vietpharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    Wow sound such a wonderful adventure ! Man, you are one lucky ( guy or gown) sorry, dunno yr gender. I have an interview at South College this 16, and 22 at Lecom-b. If I got accepted, I wont go. If not or wont know the result by 24, I guess I need to find this money for the ticket lol.
  43. Vietpharm2012

Vietpharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    What a pity I wont see you at the interview on 3-24. I got accepted into South Collge. Good luck on your interview
  44. PrincessMia

PrincessMia

Pre-Pharmacy
    Any one received interview invitation lately?
  45. adorkablemeh

adorkablemeh

Pre-Pharmacy
  46. adorkablemeh

adorkablemeh

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats!
  47. Vietpharm2012

Vietpharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks
  48. adorkablemeh

adorkablemeh

Pre-Pharmacy
    Any good news?! :)
  49. Indypharm

Indypharm

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I was selected as an alternate. It's ok, I got into Purdue.
  50. adorkablemeh

adorkablemeh

Pre-Pharmacy
    Ooh, congrats!! Did you have to wait long to find out? Man, now I'm extra nervous!!

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal