Manchester College - inaugural class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdirected

Fairly Average Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread yet so I figured I would start one.

Anyone else apply here?

It would be cool to be a part of a school's inaugural class, but the whole accreditation thing is concerning.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I did. I would rather not go to a pre-candidate school, but I also want to go somewhere.

I haven't seen a thread yet so I figured I would start one.

Anyone else apply here?

It would be cool to be a part of a school's inaugural class, but the whole accreditation thing is concerning.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied, let me know if you guys here anything!

I would encourage those looking at unaccredited schools to search for the personal stories of those who went to Hawaii College of Pharmacy and Midway College. It is possible for you to be admitted to a college that will never graduate a single PharmD.

I would encourage those looking at unaccredited schools to search for the personal stories of those who went to Hawaii College of Pharmacy and Midway College. It is possible for you to be admitted to a college that will never graduate a single PharmD.

:eek: Are you one of those students? That would be terrible :(.. but I agree, this school is definitely just a back-up plan if anything

Did anyone else get the email saying we should hear an update on our admissions status (meaning interview or not) by the 3rd of February?

It really makes me nervous to attend an unaccredited school. As the inaugural class, would we just have to take some extra exams upon graduation or is there more to it?

Did anyone else get the email saying we should hear an update on our admissions status (meaning interview or not) by the 3rd of February?

It really makes me nervous to attend an unaccredited school. As the inaugural class, would we just have to take some extra exams upon graduation or is there more to it?

I got the same email on Friday. Haven't heard anything else since then.

i got it too.. im not exactly sure of how it works but i dont think there are any other tests.. i know the school has to graduate its first class before it can move on to the next stage of accreditation though.. then i think if they are allowed to move to the next stage then the students would be able to sit for licensing exams.. its definitely taking a gamble to go to an unaccredited school but it could turn out fine

Anyone receive an interview yet? I got an email on January 31st saying my application was in review. I was hoping that the update on the status of my application they promised by the 3rd was going to be an interview invite, but whatever. I feel like Manchester is really lagging behind on getting out interviews.

I am missing a letter of recommendation, so I got an email saying my application would remain on hold for one week only. I got that on the 31st, so we'll see. I don't think I've ever seen Pharmcas receive and post something in a week or less. Honestly, I won't be too upset if I don't get an interview, but since I want to go SOMEWHERE, I had to try.

Anyone receive an interview yet? I got an email on January 31st saying my application was in review. I was hoping that the update on the status of my application they promised by the 3rd was going to be an interview invite, but whatever. I feel like Manchester is really lagging behind on getting out interviews.

I received the same emails about my application being under review. I won't be accepting an interview since I'll be attending elsewhere but it doesn't seem extremely organized from the correspondence I've received.

I have other interviews set up, but no concrete acceptances yet. So I'd definitely still accept an interview invite so that I can go somewhere next year. It'd be one of my last choices, but still an option none the less.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right, I'd still accept an interview too. It would be better if I had an acceptance elsewhere. Regardless, I don't think I'll get an interview here anyway.

I have other interviews set up, but no concrete acceptances yet. So I'd definitely still accept an interview invite so that I can go somewhere next year. It'd be one of my last choices, but still an option none the less.

So...I just got another email saying they are currently reviewing my application. That reminded me, has anyone heard yet? I miraculously got an extra letter of recommendation in on time. (Thanks to my awesome boss), so I'm assuming my application is no longer on hold.

Still haven't heard anything since they said they were reviewing my application on January 31st. I figured at least some people would have been invited for interviews...but it seems like they're taking their time.

I got my interview invite today for March 3. I'm not sure if I'll be attending though...I've already been accepted to my second choice school and interview with my first choice on March 1st. I hate turning down an interview invite though...

I got my interview invite today for March 3. I'm not sure if I'll be attending though...I've already been accepted to my second choice school and interview with my first choice on March 1st. I hate turning down an interview invite though...

im in the same boat! :rolleyes:

Me too! I can't make the interview date though. 10 days is too short of a time to ask off from work. I'm going to ask for another date.

I worked it out, I'll be there on the 3rd

I also got an interview on the 3rd, I think this school has a lot of potential and I also think it would be cool to be part of the inaugural class, the school they have constructed is larger and seems like it will be more high tech then some established accredited schools, so with a lot of thought and research on this school I would def consider it, and the faculty seem very capable of making sure the school becomes accredited. lol LASTLY it is rare that ANY school if ever is accredited on there first year of opening unless they have a very well established, successful medical school etc...(so we/they got to start somewhere)
With that said I most likely wont be able to make the interview on the 3rd as I will be accross the country in a different state doing an interview at another pharmacy school :p I will call the school tomorrow to work it out and figure out there next interview date, or even try my best to make it on the 3rd fresh off a plane from the west LOL sorry for all the unnecessary information, but this is a forum to share thoughts/advice...:)

congratulations on your interview! i am anxiously waiting for my interview too. if you dont mind me asking, what were your science/overall GPA and PCAT score.

Also for everyone else that got nterviews, please share your stats..it's greatly appreciated
:) I applied early october and havnt heard anything yet. Super anxious..:(

congratulations on your interview! i am anxiously waiting for my interview too. if you dont mind me asking, what were your science/overall GPA and PCAT score.

Also for everyone else that got nterviews, please share your stats..it's greatly appreciated
:) I applied early october and havnt heard anything yet. Super anxious..:(

I turned down my interview invitation today. Maybe you'll get my spot :)

My GPA is 3.4 and PCAT of 65. Stats aren't that great, but I make up for it with almost having my bachelors, working for 3 years as a pharmacy tech/intern, and a lot of extracurriculars, volunteer work, and leadership experience.

Good luck! I hope you get your interview!

I turned down my interview invitation today. Maybe you'll get my spot :)

My GPA is 3.4 and PCAT of 65. Stats aren't that great, but I make up for it with almost having my bachelors, working for 3 years as a pharmacy tech/intern, and a lot of extracurriculars, volunteer work, and leadership experience.

Good luck! I hope you get your interview!

Thank you:)

Check your spam box. I had some of the correspondence from them had ended up there for some reason.

For those who already had an interview at the Manchester college of pharmacy, can you please share how it went?

I just received my interview invite today. Anyone else gonna be there March 24th?

I have the interview on march 24 too. I m thinking about that now since I have one in FL on 22, so it will be too much to fly around in 4 days. I m living in Houston. I will try to make it or reschedule.

Hi, I have an interview March 31. If anyone has interviewed before, can you give me an idea what it was like? This is going to be my first interview and I'm really nervous. I am from Houston and will be going there by myself. Does anyone else have an interview on the same day?

I'm coming from Houston too. lol, what a coincidence. yes please! if anyone has interviewed, please share your experience!!

Cool! Good luck and please share your experience with us.

To adorkademeh, did you book the ticket yet? Any idea to get a cheaper one. It is so expensive from Houston to Indiana, I checked last nite, it was like around 800. :(

Sure Yuki26. And I am so excited to know both of you from same Houston town with me.

I was a the March 3rd interview. It was very informal. They had presentations during the morning and then after lunch (they served breakfast and lunch) we were split into three groups to participate in three seperate portions of the interview. One was a panel with one of the deans, Joe, to ask questions. He was great and responded quite candidly about the fact that the school was new and what their plans were for the future. After, I had my interview with two local pharmacists, closed file. Be prepared to talk yourself up quite a bit. Know the strengths and weaknesses of your application. They asked the type of questions you'd expect in an interview. Why pharm etc. Nothing was surprising. The third was a team building exercise. I'm not sure what purpose it served, but I participated enthusiastically anyway. The school is expensive and would require a move on my part, but I'd go there even though it's a new school. I think it will be a good program. Good Luck

I was a the March 3rd interview. It was very informal. They had presentations during the morning and then after lunch (they served breakfast and lunch) we were split into three groups to participate in three seperate portions of the interview. One was a panel with one of the deans, Joe, to ask questions. He was great and responded quite candidly about the fact that the school was new and what their plans were for the future. After, I had my interview with two local pharmacists, closed file. Be prepared to talk yourself up quite a bit. Know the strengths and weaknesses of your application. They asked the type of questions you'd expect in an interview. Why pharm etc. Nothing was surprising. The third was a team building exercise. I'm not sure what purpose it served, but I participated enthusiastically anyway. The school is expensive and would require a move on my part, but I'd go there even though it's a new school. I think it will be a good program. Good Luck
so there wasn't an essay portion? I read on their website that the interview would include that and I hate writing essays on the spot :( thanks for sharing your experience!!! i am sooo nervous about the interview.

To adorkademeh, did you book the ticket yet? Any idea to get a cheaper one. It is so expensive from Houston to Indiana, I checked last nite, it was like around 800. :(
im actually make it a road trip with my family, we're gonna go to explore Indiana as well since it's a possibility it may be my home for the next 4 years. I feel you though...I was gonna fly at first and the ticket with a hotel was about 700 dollars.

Where in Indiana are you exploring? Ft. Wayne is in a fairly rural part of the state

Where in Indiana are you exploring? Ft. Wayne is in a fairly rural part of the state
Lol. Well just to see the surroundings of the school in case I get in..Since we're from Texas, we won't get alot of chances to actually go to Indiana from now until August so just decided to make a trip out of it.

Wow sound such a wonderful adventure ! Man, you are one lucky ( guy or gown) sorry, dunno yr gender. I have an interview at South College this 16, and 22 at Lecom-b. If I got accepted, I wont go. If not or wont know the result by 24, I guess I need to find this money for the ticket lol.

Lol. Well just to see the surroundings of the school in case I get in..Since we're from Texas, we won't get alot of chances to actually go to Indiana from now until August so just decided to make a trip out of it.

What a pity I wont see you at the interview on 3-24. I got accepted into South Collge. Good luck on your interview

Any good news?! :)

I was selected as an alternate. It's ok, I got into Purdue.