Manchester College - inaugural class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I have an interview March 31. If anyone has interviewed before, can you give me an idea what it was like? This is going to be my first interview and I'm really nervous. I am from Houston and will be going there by myself. Does anyone else have an interview on the same day?
I have my interview on 3/31 too and my flight is turning out to be way expensive also. Where did I apply to anyways lol?
Are you nervous about them not being accredited? Have you applied at other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how much of a role the Church plays in the pharmacy program? Does it matter if you ascribe to this denomination or not? Thanks.

There was no mention of it during the interviews. I wouldn't worry.

I haven't seen a thread yet so I figured I would start one.

Anyone else apply here?

It would be cool to be a part of a school's inaugural class, but the whole accreditation thing is concerning.

What do you guys think?

Hey guys, I just got accepted. I'm here if any of you have any questions. :)

Hello! I have an interview on 04/14 and I'm trying to book my plane tickets. I'm expecting an email with more details but that's taking a while...

Those of you who have already gone to the interview, what time does it begin?

Hello! I have an interview on 04/14 and I'm trying to book my plane tickets. I'm expecting an email with more details but that's taking a while...

I'll be there the 14th too ! The email says 8 am

My interview is on the 14th too! You should contact the school about not getting the email though, I got mine within 2 days.

Can you please tell me how long did it take the interview process? My return flight will be on saturday @ 3pm so I was wondering if I have enough time to complete the entire interview process. I just want to know what time the process will be done.

Our interview day lasted until 2.

Can you please tell me how long did it take the interview process? My return flight will be on saturday @ 3pm so I was wondering if I have enough time to complete the entire interview process. I just want to know what time the process will be done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! How long was it before you found out?

Thank you, I found out 4 days after my interview. The interview was very relaxing and laid back, just be yourself!

I'm interested to know other people's experience AFTER the interview. I'm excited to meet people in my class :D

I had my interview on the 24th and 5 days letter received the dreaded "committee hold" status. Here is hoping for the best and good luck to everyone on the next interview day!

As for the interview day, it started at 8 AM with an introduction and breakfast. We then had several sessions detailing the school and meeting a select few faculty members. This lasted until lunch where we then split up into three groups for three sessions. One had to do with financial aid, one was a team building exercise, and the other was a tour of the school and the interview. Most interviews seem to last 15-20 minutes and were conducted by one person from the school and one pharmacist from the local area. The day should wrap up around 2. If anyone has any questions let me know and I will try and answer them as much as I can. Again good luck to everyone!

Congrats! How long was it before you found out?

My interview on Saturday march 31st and I received the acceptance call 3 days later on Tuesday. I was surprise how quick they respond since they told us it can take about 2 weeks to hear back from them. Like olafgriffin said, the interview is very early at 8 am, but they dont interview us until afternoon so make sure you get a good sleep. They divide students in to 3 or 4 groups. My group was the last group so i had an interview around 1:30. I didnt get good sleep a night before so around that time, i was so tired and just want to get out quick :laugh:. There are a writing assignment and a team build exercise but the team exercise is just for fun and get to know other people in your group. Interview questions are common nothing surprise. Good luck in the interview...

I am a bit confused about starting time. I received an email check in 8:30-9. Some of you said it starts 8:00. I dont have problem getting there early but it out of curosity.

My interview is on the 14th too! You should contact the school about not getting the email though, I got mine within 2 days.

what time is the arrival or check in time you received on the email? The message I got says check in time is between 8:30-9:00. I was just curious that some of you who got different time than others.

My interview on Saturday march 31st and I received the acceptance call 3 days later on Tuesday. I was surprise how quick they respond since they told us it can take about 2 weeks to hear back from them. Like olafgriffin said, the interview is very early at 8 am, but they dont interview us until afternoon so make sure you get a good sleep. They divide students in to 3 or 4 groups. My group was the last group so i had an interview around 1:30. I didnt get good sleep a night before so around that time, i was so tired and just want to get out quick :laugh:. There are a writing assignment and a team build exercise but the team exercise is just for fun and get to know other people in your group. Interview questions are common nothing surprise. Good luck in the interview...

Hey golden...I received an email the interview starts 8:30. What time did the interview starts based on your experience?

Hey golden...I received an email the interview starts 8:30. What time did the interview starts based on your experience?

Actually the check in at 8:30. There will be breakfast after that. On my interview day, we have 4 groups. 30 min interview for each group. The interview start at 12 and done at 2, time of interview is depend on the group you are in. They also gave us lunch at 11:30 before the interview so that was nice.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

A quick question to everyone on the site....anybody else on committee hold? Also I am pretty new to the whole process so what are the chances of someone getting in when they were placed on here? It doesn't sound promising when looking at other sites and schools. Good luck to everyone tomorrow on the interview and congratulations to those of you already in!

A quick question to everyone on the site....anybody else on committee hold? Also I am pretty new to the whole process so what are the chances of someone getting in when they were placed on here? It doesn't sound promising when looking at other sites and schools. Good luck to everyone tomorrow on the interview and congratulations to those of you already in!

I think that is depend on how strong your file is compare to the other. If you are on committee hold, that mean they still review you file with the upcoming interview candidates. Until around May, if you don't get accept, they will put you on wait list and you will have to wait for someone to drop their seats to be consider. The best way is to call the school to know if you on the top or bottom of the list. That way you can know your chance of getting in.

:xf:

Last edited:
If you are on committee hold, that mean they still review you file with the upcoming interview candidates. Depend on how strong your file is, you may be get accept or not. Until around May, if you don't get accept, they will put you on wait list and you will have to wait for some one to drop their seat to be consider. So far the deposit for accept student is $300 which is probably not a lot compare to other schools which i see like $1000 or more, and the fact that the school is new, you can may be in luck to get the seat. The best way is call them to know where you at, top or bottom of the list.

:xf::xf::xf::

Thanks for clearing that up! As you can tell, I was a little confused as to what the committee hold status really meant. Now we go back to the waiting game and hope for the best! If after May I get put on the waiting list, I will go ahead and call them to see where I am at on the list. I guess the positive side is that I am still at least being considered with all of the interview applicants.

:xf::xf::xf:

Hey guys, can you please share your detailed experience? how Was the writing section and what kind of questions to excpect?

I was on committee hold too. About two weeks later I got a phone call to say I was accepted. Don't give up hope.

what time is the arrival or check in time you received on the email? The message I got says check in time is between 8:30-9:00. I was just curious that some of you who got different time than others.
I got a "correction" email on Tuesday from Abbie that registration is from 8;30-9 and the program begins at 9am. I plan on being there a little before 8:30. See ya tomorrow?!

Hey guys, can you please share your detailed experience? how Was the writing section and what kind of questions to excpect?

The writing question is common and you have like 15 min to write if I don't remember wrong. The interview questions also common as well. Since it is a close file interview so they only know your name and where you are from. They will ask you about your self, why pharmacy, why the school, experience ... Just relax and be yourself. Good luck!!!!

The writing question is common and you have like 15 min to write if I don't remember wrong. The interview questions also common as well. Since it is a close file interview so they only know your name and where you are from. They will ask you about your self, why pharmacy, why the school, experience ... Just relax and be yourself. Good luck!!!!

Thank you so much. Anything about the topic of diversity?

I was on committee hold too. About two weeks later I got a phone call to say I was accepted. Don't give up hope.

Thanks for the info and that makes me feel more hopeful knowing that.

Hope the interview went well for everyone! :)

Just curious if anyone from the 4/14 interview has heard anything yet?

Got the phone call this afternoon, I'm in! Good luck to everyone and excited to meet my new classmates!

Got the call too ! im innnnn, God is good. Shout out to c/o 2016 nationwidee, so excited to see my dreams come true

I'm not from the area, what is everyone else doing for housing? Anyone local have some feedback on where to live? Thanks.

Got the call too ! im innnnn, God is good. Shout out to c/o 2016 nationwidee, so excited to see my dreams come true

So true! God is great! and idk what to do for housing either. I wonder if there are apartments near campus... walkable distance..?

I got accepted to this school as well. I am still weighing my options but it looks like this is my top choice. It appears that the school is located just northeast of downtown Ft. Wayne. I am not from that area (was born in Indy but moved away very young and live out west now). Does anyone familiar with the area know where to live? Also, does a facebook group exist for the c/o 2016?

Last edited:
Hi folks,

Did you guys all get the email from the school that they received your applications??

I applied thru pharmcas on 3/1 and the status as of today is just 'mailed' . but haven't heard anything from the school yet...

thanks guys.

I got accepted to this school as well. I am still weighing my options but it looks like this is my top choice. It appears that the school is located just northeast of downtown Ft. Wayne. I am not from that area (was born in Indy but moved away very young and live out west now). Does anyone familiar with the area know where to live? Also, does a facebook group exist for the c/o 2016?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/236303589804908

Hi folks,

Did you guys all get the email from the school that they received your applications??

I applied thru pharmcas on 3/1 and the status as of today is just 'mailed' . but haven't heard anything from the school yet...

thanks guys.

I think everyone should of. I applied the same day and I think I received their confirmation of getting it like a week or week and a half later. did u check spam? mines was in my spam folder

yo I just got accepted here, how long after they tell you, do you receive your emails to begin the process? Also for those that got accepted at other schools, why are you choosing this school over the other schools? I really like this school and I am heavily weighing my options because we have to live with the fact that it will not be accredited until AFTER we graduate and that is somewhat risky with the high tuition they have. But other than that I think this school is solid and potentially well on its way to becoming a great school...:)

Pecan anyone comment on the facilities and the city of Fort Wayne?

Please, can anyone comment on the facilities and the city of Fort Wayne?

Please, you please comment on the facilities and the city of Fort Wayne?

Got the phone call this afternoon, I'm in! Good luck to everyone and excited to meet my new classmates!

Please, can you comment on the facilities at Manchester and the city of Fort Wayne?

Hello can anyone please tell me their stats upon application or admission I want to see if I would be eligible.

Thank you in advanced!