Manipulating CVS metrics under one's control

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ready when promised and QT time are the bulk of your WeCare so focus on these. When y0u have a higher WeCare your MyCustomer also goes up because people don't have to wait for scripts that weren't finished in time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you care about bonuses you can do a lot better somewhere other than CVS and for less work...

If you care about bonuses you can do a lot better somewhere other than CVS and for less work...
Problem is I doubt anyone pays higher hourly than CVS. Also, how many companies are allowing OT? I know Walmart has cut down on them. It seems as far as RPH goes, CVS doesn't care how much OT you work.

Members don't see this ad :)
Future note, might want to change your wording to the corporate-friendly "improving" or buzzworthy "optimizing" from the sinister "manipulating". We all realize what's actually going on, but it's all about the presentation than the action. And to the others, it happens in all industries that rely on Key Performance Indicators (metrics) that "optimizing" occurs and that "better optimizers are better employees" regardless of how this is accomplished (and the less upstairs knows, the better). Medicine has their own with the UR and the visits per day criteria. Law has the ROI to salary one. Academia has paying students and graduate rates and board passage rates. In this measurement society starting from your initial college admission testing, the number is the corporate reality irrespective of what is going on when you work for a place that does not personally supervise matters. And I highly respect the position of those who have to "optimize" because it's a living. It's not exactly what we sign up for, but it's part of what we are paid to do.

And if you're working for CVS in AZ, you are definitely working for someone in my family. Don't feel at all bothered by juking the stats. When we all get together at reunions, that's a family joke on the ways the different corporations and Banner in town get number crazy.

Reactions: 1 user
Problem is I doubt anyone pays higher hourly than CVS. Also, how many companies are allowing OT? I know Walmart has cut down on them. It seems as far as RPH goes, CVS doesn't care how much OT you work.

At Walmart you can hit $80/hr west of the Rockies especially in problem areas like Yuma or if you've been at Walmart a long time. ****, at CVS even new grads were offered more than I got when I started (up to $73/hr). Also at locations that sell > 3,000 a week the manager is eligible for an additional bonus. You are unlikely to get the max annual bonus (24k) but if your base bonus is 10k, then at a high volume store you could get 14k (10x1.4 = 14k).

If you're up to your neck in student loans then OT is nice but at this point (<$30k in student loans), I'd rather work 32/week.

At Walmart you can hit $80/hr west of the Rockies especially in problem areas like Yuma or if you've been at Walmart a long time. ****, at CVS even new grads were offered more than I got when I started (up to $73/hr). Also at locations that sell > 3,000 a week the manager is eligible for an additional bonus. You are unlikely to get the max annual bonus (24k) but if your base bonus is 10k, then at a high volume store you could get 14k (10x1.4 = 14k).

If you're up to your neck in student loans then OT is nice but at this point (<$30k in student loans), I'd rather work 32/week.
Optimal schedule for me in 10-15 years from now is just 3 12's a week. Tuesday/Wed/Thur. With OT you make more than someone who does 5 8's. This is the way to go to semi retire and still make good $