Manuscript Formatting - Red Journal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radoncftw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question. I'm working on a manuscript for submission to the red journal. I'm wondering if there is a preferred font to use for the manuscript along with tables/figures? I couldn't find any such info on their website for guidelines. Seeing as many on this board have likely published, you'll probably have a decent idea.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not really. Just look at old publications. The Tables are pretty basic, I just use word. As for figures, I have always just use Prism and exported the figures as TIFFs or PDFs. If you really want specific examples just PM me and I will send you some I have used.

Most don't specify. Times New Roman and Arial are usually used. I prefer Arial since it is easier to read.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses guys. It's probably not a big deal, as a couple residents and attendings will probably review it before submission.

Another question. It is a little bit confusing because the IJROBP has a different PDF for guidelines if you hit "submission checklist" vs. "scientific article".
In regards to footnotes (abbreviations, * etc.) for each table, should these be included in the figure legends section of the manuscript or under the individual tables in the separate word doc.