Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who will be interviewing or has interviewed(if they have started?) have hotel recommendations? I have seen the list on the MU-COM website, and was also wondering if there were MU-COM special rates that anyone has heard of?

I'm staying at the Sleep Inn on West 16th St. It's only ~5 minutes from the school. I don't think it's on the MU-COM hotel list but the regular rate is pretty good already (~$82/night).

Members don't see this ad.

My secondary application has been marked as complete but I never got an email saying it is complete. Is this okay?

I'm staying at the Sleep Inn on West 16th St. It's only ~5 minutes from the school. I don't think it's on the MU-COM hotel list but the regular rate is pretty good already (~$82/night).
Same here, actually it is not too bad, I am here right now, great price, breakfast included, super close to the school, staff is very friendly and room service for dinner is pretty cheap. Room is very clean as well. Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, actually it is not too bad, I am here right now, great price, breakfast included, super close to the school, staff is very friendly and room service for dinner is pretty cheap. Room is very clean as well. Hope this helps

I'm here right now too!

I'm here right now too!
You two should meet!

but on a serious note, thank you for the tip, I will look up the hotel now and see if there is availabilities :)

EDIT:

The 80$~ rate says you need to be a "choice privileges" member?

You two should meet!

but on a serious note, thank you for the tip, I will look up the hotel now and see if there is availabilities :)

EDIT:

The 80$~ rate says you need to be a "choice privileges" member?

Just sign up for Choice Privileges - it should be free.

Reactions: 1 users
So who's gonna be there on Saturday? I'm driving tmrw after work. Might stop by the campus to see it at night.

My secondary application has been marked as complete but I never got an email saying it is complete. Is this okay?

It's been a busy week. Complete files were just acknowledged.

Admissions

Reactions: 1 user
Complete 8/21 - does that mean I should have received a decision today? @MU COM

Last edited:
Due to interviews, decisions have not been released yet.

MU-COM
Guessing a September 1st completion email date means close to a zero chance to hear back tonight?

Thanks

I interviewed with MU-COM this afternoon. I continue to be impressed with their work ethic / transparency / communication.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
II 10/10 !

Complete 8/21 - 3.58/3.35/30

Looking forward to interviewing here, I've only heard positive things despite this being such a new school

All interview decisions have been released for this week.

Admissions

We do not accept paper recommendations. Our school name will appear on Interfolio no later than July 1 when we start accepting recommendations.

Admissions
Hello all - are all secondary invitations sent out from Marian already? It was my number once choice; want to practice in rural midwest (3.23s/3.22 overall and 27 MCAT - so not great, but was from a really hard school, honest :)!). Is Marian done sending out secondary invitations at this point for 2015 enrollment? Thanks.

All interview decisions have been released for this week.

Admissions
Hello - are all secondary invitations sent out from Marian already? It was my number once choice; want to practice in rural midwest (3.23s/3.22 overall and 27 MCAT - so not great, but was from a really hard school, honest :)!). Is Marian done sending out secondary invitations at this point for 2015 enrollment? Thanks.

Hello - are all secondary invitations sent out from Marian already? It was my number once choice; want to practice in rural midwest (3.23s/3.22 overall and 27 MCAT - so not great, but was from a really hard school, honest :)!). Is Marian done sending out secondary invitations at this point for 2015 enrollment? Thanks.

We send out supplemental application invitations weekly.

Admissions

Admissions

Excellent - I am from central Illinois and really want to practice around there - so you guys are my number one, fingers crossed. Thanks.

Admissions

One more question - so if I have not received a supplemental at this point, there is still a chance that I will receive one? Are they sent a certain day? Again - thank you.

Reactions: 1 users
How often does Marian download letters of recommendation from Interfolio? I completed my secondary back in July, but did not receive my physician letter until recently. I sent in my Interfolio e-delivery a couple days ago and I would like to know an approximate on being complete. Thank you @MU COM

How often does Marian download letters of recommendation from Interfolio? I completed my secondary back in July, but did not receive my physician letter until recently. I sent in my Interfolio e-delivery a couple days ago and I would like to know an approximate on being complete. Thank you @MU COM

You can read post #34, I think it'll help! The attachment specifically

Is MUCOM open to letters of intent/interest?

Interview day was awesome. Don't fret about the MMI, it was actually pretty fun. The traditional interview was very relaxed. I really liked the campus and the MS-2 who gave our tour really loves the school.

Reactions: 4 users
Some pics i took from today. The oriental garden on campus was really cool.

Attachments

• 1410663689831.jpg
    1410663689831.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 1410663720582.jpg
    1410663720582.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 1410663762740.jpg
    1410663762740.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 134
  • 1410663841384.jpg
    1410663841384.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who will be interviewing or has interviewed(if they have started?) have hotel recommendations? I have seen the list on the MU-COM website, and was also wondering if there were MU-COM special rates that anyone has heard of?
I stayed at the sleep inn that's like 2 miles from the campus. It was like $100 all together. I had my own car though so I didn't need a taxi or anything

Best interview experience thus far! MarianU has indeed a "special" approach (in a positive sense)! ty

It cracks me up that I talked to some of you yesterday more than likely, yet have no idea who :)

Reactions: 2 users
It cracks me up that I talked to some of you yesterday more than likely, yet have no idea who :)
i guess you are the blond lady with a charming laugh?)

One more question - so if I have not received a supplemental at this point, there is still a chance that I will receive one? Are they sent a certain day? Again - thank you.

Have you received an email acknowledging receipt of your application?

MU-COM

Yes - but just that they received the AAMCOS application on August 14.

Then in all likelihood, you received at least one other email from us since then. Have you checked your junk mail or spam folder?

Admissions

Since MUCOM requires a completed degree prior to matriculating, would not having an updated transcript to show my 4th year courses in progress be a potential fatal error? The transcript I sent last June to AACOMAS shows my grades for years 1-3 but we did not get to select courses for 4th year until August. Would a screener possibly assume that I am enrolled in 4th year? Or would this be a major issue if the screener assumes I finished 3rd year and I'm not in 4th year currently?

Since MUCOM requires a completed degree prior to matriculating, would not having an updated transcript to show my 4th year courses in progress be a potential fatal error? The transcript I sent last June to AACOMAS shows my grades for years 1-3 but we did not get to select courses for 4th year until August. Would a screener possibly assume that I am enrolled in 4th year? Or would this be a major issue if the screener assumes I finished 3rd year and I'm not in 4th year currently?

Just replied to your PM on the same topic. Moreover, we also see your expected graduation date and can conclude that you still have a 4th year.

Admissions

Then in all likelihood, you received at least one other email from us since then. Have you checked your junk mail or spam folder?

Admissions

I just double checked, should I call in the morning to check?

Hey is any one here from gold group? Interview date 13/9 ?

Trying to choose an interview date! Does anyone recommend any affordable hotels nearby or a way to get to and from the airport and university?

Trying to choose an interview date! Does anyone recommend any affordable hotels nearby or a way to get to and from the airport and university?

Sleep Inn & Suites on W 16th Street is good. It's a brand new hotel, definitely classier than your typical Sleep Inn, and less than 10 minutes from the school (taxi was $10 for me.) To get from the airport to the hotel, catch the IndyGo 8 bus from the airport (go to Zone 7 from the Ground Transportation exit) to downtown (Ohio and Capitol stop.) The ride costs $1.75 and takes about 45 minutes, which is a bit long but you get to see some of the more interesting parts of town along the way. From downtown you can grab a taxi to the hotel (<$10).

Reactions: 2 users