Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats guys! I guess I'm the odd man out.

Do well at the interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When do interviews start? September?
And guys don't forget to update the interview invite thread with your stats :) .

II Sep 13, blue group at 8.30 am VERY excited Good luck to everybody in the process

Reactions: 1 users
When do interviews start? September?
And guys don't forget to update the interview invite thread with your stats :) .

Please review the timeline that we posted earlier in the thread on page 1.

Admissions

Last edited:
Are there silent rejections? Or will a applicant be notified of a rejection.

I got put on hold. :eyebrow:
The email said I'll hear back within a month. Gotta stay positive!

Members don't see this ad :)
so excited do you think the earlier date matters?

All interview decisions for today have been sent by email. Decisions include:

- Invite
- Reject
- Defer for Grades
- Defer for MCAT
- Hold for Further Review
- Retake MCAT

The next round of decisions will be in 1-2 weeks.

Admissions

If we were complete before some people who have decisions, what does that mean if we didn't hear anything?

@MU COM

If my LORs have already been received and are being processed, and I am submitting my Secondary this weekend, is there a chance to get an interview before December? (Assuming I am a competitive applicant). Or are there already alot of people in queue for interview invites, and I am too slow?

It is possible, but files are reviewed by complete date.

Admissions

I didn't either, but I guess that's because my app is still marked incomplete. Everything is in though...

If you've submitted everything, your application should be complete. Otherwise, there is a problem. Please check the status in the portal then contact us next week to review/discuss.

Admissions

If we were complete before some people who have decisions, what does that mean if we didn't hear anything?

It means that some screeners work faster than others--that's all.

Admissions

Reactions: 1 user
If you've submitted everything, your application should be complete. Otherwise, there is a problem. Please check the status in the portal then contact us next week to review/discuss.

Admissions

It's fixed now. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Most responsive admissions committee ever!

II-my first one! Thank you!

Anyone know if any of the hotels recommended have a shuttle to the school?

Anyone know if any of the hotels recommended have a shuttle to the school?
I believe the Jameson Inn has a shuttle to the school. 3850 Eagle View Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46254

:/ hold for me..

@MU COM

So after the interview invite, I noticed that they require you to upload a "passport type" photo to your online portal thing. So what are the ranges of the type of photo that would be allowed. My actual passport picture is from roughly 7 years ago, I have a shaved head (plenty of hair now haha), about 30lbs heavier etc. The most recent professional picture I have is a picture of me from my wedding. Should I jump into my suit and have my wife take a picture of me or should I get a professional picture done or something? Or would a picture of just me from my wedding be ok?

Seems kind of silly to even be asking, but I am genuinely curious.

If it's any help, I just put on a shirt/tie and got a photo taken against a plain backdrop (wall or something) and just cropped it on my phone. Turned out fine

Congrats to all of you SDNers who were offered IIs-- MU-COM is an incredible school. Best of luck with your interviews!

I got put on hold. :eyebrow: The email said I'll hear back within a month. Gotta stay positive!
Same here, hopefully we hear something good in a month!
We got this.

Sorry to hear that you were also put on hold. Although I was rejected off of last year's hold list, I can't help but be cautiously optimistic this time around. Last year, there were plenty of other 'hold' candidates who were eventually offered interviews, so definitely stay positive. I'm rooting for you all; good luck! :)

@MU COM

So after the interview invite, I noticed that they require you to upload a "passport type" photo to your online portal thing. So what are the ranges of the type of photo that would be allowed. My actual passport picture is from roughly 7 years ago, I have a shaved head (plenty of hair now haha), about 30lbs heavier etc. The most recent professional picture I have is a picture of me from my wedding. Should I jump into my suit and have my wife take a picture of me or should I get a professional picture done or something? Or would a picture of just me from my wedding be ok?

Seems kind of silly to even be asking, but I am genuinely curious.

Passport type, not necessarily a passport photo. A business casual to professional picture is preferred. A casual picture is generally frowned upon. Remember, the photo becomes part of the file that the committee sees. Whatever you upload, please make sure it is larger than a postage stamp but within the file size limitations.

Admissions

Passport type, not necessarily a passport photo. A business casual to professional picture is preferred. A casual picture is generally frowned upon. Remember, the photo becomes part of the file that the committee sees. Whatever you upload, please make sure it is larger than a postage stamp but within the file size limitations.

Admissions
Thanks a bunch!

Hi MUCOM-

For individuals who heard nothing yesterday, should we anticipate something on Monday, the 11th?

Hi MUCOM-

For individuals who heard nothing yesterday, should we anticipate something on Monday, the 11th?
MUCOM previously posted that interview decisions are usually sent out on Fridays. :) I'll be eagerly awaiting!

What is the ratio of interviewers to acceptances?

Hi MUCOM-

The next round of decisions will be in 1-2 weeks.

Admissions