Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning!
Congrats! I'm surprised there isn't more chatter here. I figured there would be a ton of folks whooping it up by now. Last week was light also though. (on SDN anyway)

Congrats! I'm surprised there isn't more chatter here. I figured there would be a ton of folks whooping it up by now. Last week was light also though. (on SDN anyway)
Thanks!! Ya there probably will be more people posting today. Fridays are good days for people applying to MU haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-secondary. 3.0/31

Ah well I saw this one coming.

Thanks!! Ya there probably will be more people posting today. Fridays are good days for people applying to MU haha
I'm hoping Tuesday will be a good day for me.

All interview decisions for this week have been released by email.
More decisions will be released next week on Tuesday (holds) and Friday.

Admissions

Reactions: 1 users
@MU COM which October interview dates are available? I am tempted to call in and move up my interview from November..

Members don't see this ad :)
@MU COM , starting what month in Indianapolis should we start to factor in inclement weather into our traveling plans? I'm scheduled to interview in mid October, so I was wondering whether to allow extra time for getting there.

Thanks!

@MU COM. Will you guys be releasing decisions for applicants that are on hold, today? Thank you in advance! :)

I just got an interview invite off the hold list. I am sure you will hear something soon

@MU COM, may I ask how far the II has been extend to now? Are Oct, Nov and Dec already fill up? As a late applicant (still waiting verification), I am getting pretty concerned; let alone that I am not even sure I can pass secondary.

@MU COM, may I ask how far the II has been extend to now? Are Oct, Nov and Dec already fill up? As a late applicant (still waiting verification), I am getting pretty concerned; let alone that I am not even sure I can pass secondary.

Only September interviews are full. October and beyond are open.

Our internal processes are very different this year.

MU-COM

MU-COM

Is the school still strict "rolling" processes...........as first come first accepted :)

Rejected. :( OOS. sGPA: 3.56 cGPA: 3.53 MCAT: 26.
Best of luck to everyone else! :)

Is the school still strict "rolling" processes...........as first come first accepted :)

Yes with a few minor tweaks here and there. For example, interview decisions are released only on Fridays this year [and on Tuesdays for holds] and some screeners work faster than others.

MU-COM

Hey @MU COM , I was put on hold 8/15, when will my application be reviewed again? I haven't heard anything since.

Thanks

MU-COM

Yes with a few minor tweaks here and there. For example, interview decisions are released only on Fridays this year [and on Tuesdays for holds] and some screeners work faster than others.

MU-COM

How long approximately after the interview applicants will wait for rejection/acceptance?

How long approximately after the interview applicants will wait for rejection/acceptance?

Post-interview decisions are released 1-2 weeks. Everyone gets a decision within that time frame, but it might not be a final decision in the case of the alternate list.

MU-COM

Hey @MU COM , I was put on hold 8/15, when will my application be reviewed again? I haven't heard anything since.

Thanks

Depends if you were placed on hold or deferred for MCAT/grades. All holds have been processed through 8/15. Defers will wait until we receive the requested info. Have you checked your email?

Admissions

Post-interview decisions are released 1-2 weeks. Everyone gets a decision within that time frame, but it might not be a final decision in the case of the alternate list.

MU-COM

Deeply appreciate your prompt response. It speaks volume about MU.

Put on hold 8/28, so looks like another 2 weeks for me. Congrats to those with interviews, keep up the good fight to those rejected, and thanks for keeping us in the loop @MU COM

Depends if you were placed on hold or deferred for MCAT/grades. All holds have been processed through 8/15. Defers will wait until we receive the requested info. Have you checked your email?

Admissions
Yes I was put on hold pending semester grades. However, I am currently writing my masters thesis and will not be receiving anymore grades. I tried to respond to the hold message through the secondary app however have not received a response yet.

Thanks

Yes I was put on hold pending semester grades. However, I am currently writing my masters thesis and will not be receiving anymore grades. I tried to respond to the hold message through the secondary app however have not received a response yet.

Thanks

Sorry if we overlooked your reply or have not replied yet. Consider calling admissions to discuss.
317-955-6297

MU-COM

Rejected. :( OOS. sGPA: 3.56 cGPA: 3.53 MCAT: 26.
Best of luck to everyone else! :)

Sorry to hear that. It's still very early for a lot of schools. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

When were you complete btw? We have very similar stats and im OOS but haven't heard much for some time now.

Sorry if we overlooked your reply or have not replied yet. Consider calling admissions to discuss.
317-955-6297

MU-COM
I was also put on hold on 8/15 without any specific reason (mcat/gpa) and I haven't heard anything either. I have checked my email but I haven't received any decision.

Jk, it was in my junk mail! Indianapolis, here I come!

I was also put on hold on 8/15 without any specific reason (mcat/gpa) and I haven't heard anything either. I have checked my email but I haven't received any decision.

Jk, it was in my junk mail! Indianapolis, here I come!

All interview holds through 8/15 have been released. Check your spam filter too. Our system sends message out continuously, but you should have it by now. If necessary, call admissions to check on the status of your application.
317-955-6297

MU-COM

So Tuesdays are hold days and Friday interview days. So

MU-COM
Rejections are given on both tuesdays and fridays?

So Tuesdays are hold days and Friday interview days. So

Rejections are given on both tuesdays and fridays?
Fridays are the day you first learn your status. You can be offered an interview date, placed on hold, deferred for grades/MCAT, or rejected. If you're placed on hold, they'll review your application in one of the Tuesday meetings (every other Tuesday). Looks like they try to do this within a month, after which they will let you know if you're rejected or invited for an interview.
Not sure if I missed anything on the above, but their website lists out all of the possibilities. I'm on hold as of 8/28, and will likely hear something on 9/23.

Sorry to hear that. It's still very early for a lot of schools. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

When were you complete btw? We have very similar stats and im OOS but haven't heard much for some time now.

Thank you for your encouraging words MDstat, appreciate it. I received a complete email on July 22nd. Good luck to you as well!

II today from the hold list! wooohooo!

Interview decisions will be released over the course of two days this week, starting today and finishing tomorrow.

Admissions

Interview decisions will be released over the course of two days this week, starting today and finishing tomorrow.

Admissions

Do you know up to what completion date they're deciding on this week?

Thanks so much for your help.

Do you know up to what completion date they're deciding on this week?

Thanks so much for your help.

It varies, the oldest files should be between 8/16 and 8/22.

Admissions

Would you know what the newest files would be? (approx.)

It is hard to say because the status date changes once the screening is complete. You will have an interview decision in approximately 3-4 weeks from the date of your "complete" email, if not sooner.

Admissions

Last edited:
Anyone who will be interviewing or has interviewed(if they have started?) have hotel recommendations? I have seen the list on the MU-COM website, and was also wondering if there were MU-COM special rates that anyone has heard of?

Anyone who will be interviewing or has interviewed(if they have started?) have hotel recommendations? I have seen the list on the MU-COM website, and was also wondering if there were MU-COM special rates that anyone has heard of?

Hotels with special rates are indicated on the list.

Admissions