Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my secondary around 08/10 and my LORs are still Incomplete despite me having them on AACOMAS, and Interfolio-ing them.
I too get sent to Kelly's voicemail. Argh.

Submitted my secondary around 08/10 and my LORs are still Incomplete despite me having them on AACOMAS, and Interfolio-ing them.
I too get sent to Kelly's voicemail. Argh.

Please see the note in the portal that says letter review is taking around 5 weeks due to the new AACOMAS. Also, acknowledgement emails were not sent for letters received between 8/7-8/24. We are working as fast as we can given the volume of letters we receive. Patience.

MU-COM

Please see the note in the portal that says letter review is taking around 5 weeks due to the new AACOMAS. Also, acknowledgement emails were not sent for letters received between 8/7-8/24. We are working as fast as we can given the volume of letters we receive. Patience.

MU-COM
Thank you, I certainly did see that message. I sent the letters via Interfolio as well, that's why I asked. I know a couple of schools didn't mark my letters as complete until I called because they were not able to see them since they were sent as a packet.

I feel like if I hadn't called, the letters would of been incomplete for way longer. The moment I got off the phone with them they went complete. Makes me wonder you know.

Thank you, I certainly did see that message. I sent the letters via Interfolio as well, that's why I asked. I know a couple of schools didn't mark my letters are complete until I called because they were not able to see them since they were sent as a packet.

We have extracted all letters from the AACOMAS applications and loaded them individually to speed up the review process. Your letters are here. Just waiting in the queue to be read.

MU-COM

Reactions: 1 user
got complete email on 7/29 and haven't heard anything yet.

got complete email on 7/29 and haven't heard anything yet.

Interview decisions for files complete on 7/29 will be released over the weekend.

Admissions

Members don't see this ad :)
All decisions have been released for today. Decisions released include invite, reject, hold, and defer (grades/MCAT).

MU-COM

My letters were received on 7/15 ( so it's been more than 4-5 weeks already), but it still says incomplete on the portal :( I wonder if there are any problems with my letters.
The volume of applicants must be really high, but I hoping to hear something soon.
Thanks you MU COM for all the prompt responses, you are the best.

My letters were received on 7/15 ( so it's been more than 4-5 weeks already), but it still says incomplete on the portal :( I wonder if there are any problems with my letters.
The volume of applicants must be really high, but I hoping to hear something soon.

I had a similar issue where everything was processed but my app was still marked incomplete. Bryan Moody fixed it for me.

II Today! Woohoo! Very excited for this one!

Reactions: 1 users
On hold for II! still better than nothing haha

To those of you who received IIs, when did you submit your secondaries?

I'm having the same issue. When I contacted them, they said my letters have not been processed yet.

I'm pretty sure that the que is non-existed for this school. It's a joke that people who have submitted their secondaries 9+ weeks ago are still not being screened when people who submitted their secondaries 3-5 weeks ago have already been screened and complete. Someone has definitely dropped the ball on this one.

It's not a criticism to this school by any mean but Marian needs to look into this process to make sure that this disaster isn't a repeat for future classes. For a school that looks to recruit top do students in order to become a marque name, it has been a disappointment experience for high achieving students who have been doing the right things from the beginning. Instead, students who took the initiatives and submitted their secondaries early are being punished by having their applications below a pile fresh of aps that are submitted 3-4 weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
@68PGunner I submitted my secondary for MUCOM 7/8 and received a II exactly when admissions said the first batch would go out. Throughout this whole process, they have been extremely helpful and transparent. From what I have noticed, the MUCOM admissions team keeps applicants up-to-date frequently and they do a very good job of establishing a line of communication; they are really "on top of it."

I understand you are upset about not hearing back, but there are many, many other schools I have not heard back from and its something that all applicants have to deal with (regardless of whether or not you are a "high achieving student" or not). Actually, I don't think that just because someone is a "high achieving student" means they should be treated differently in the screening process. But I digress, best of luck to you and I hope you do get that II soon! Stay positive my friend.

Reactions: 4 users
On hold. 3.49c/513
It's hard to believe you were put on hold with those stats since your GPA is very similar to mine and MCAT is much higher. I am sure you'll receive an interview soon...I have my fingers crossed for you!! :)

submitted 7/2 and still not a word from MU COM -.-'

@Halcyon45 that is strange, was your file also complete on 7/2, with letters of rec. and all?

@68PGunner I submitted my secondary for MUCOM 7/8 and received a II exactly when admissions said the first batch would go out.

And I submitted my secondary earlier than you and my letters are still not screened and complete. Halcyon45 is probably the same case. Maybe we just were unfortunately assigned to a slacker. This proves my point. I know that they said they have a system to prevent such bad customer service, but it is definitely not happening. Perhaps they need a priority system for people who are waiting 8+ weeks already.

Finally, I am not insinuating that I am a high achieving applicant. However, it is certainly frustrating that I feel that I'm not being given a fair shake when I have done the right things from the beginning by submitting my secondary early.

I'm pretty sure that the que is non-existed for this school. It's a joke that people who have submitted their secondaries 9+ weeks ago are still not being screened when people who submitted their secondaries 3-5 weeks ago have already been screened and complete. Someone has definitely dropped the ball on this one.

It's not a criticism to this school by any mean but Marian needs to look into this process to make sure that this disaster isn't a repeat for future classes. For a school that looks to recruit top do students in order to become a marque name, it has been a disappointment experience for high achieving students who have been doing the right things from the beginning. Instead, students who took the initiatives and submitted their secondaries early are being punished by having their applications below a pile fresh of aps that are submitted 3-4 weeks ago.

Sorry you are frustrated ... so are we with the new AACOMAS, which stalled our process for at least a month. Instead of re-hashing issues here, please consider contacting us directly to discuss your concerns. General office phone 317-955-6297 or director email [email protected].

Admissions

It's hard to believe you were put on hold with those stats since your GPA is very similar to mine and MCAT is much higher. I am sure you'll receive an interview soon...I have my fingers crossed for you!! :)

Sorry, but this is not a process based solely on numbers.

Admissions

How long is the screening process taking at the moment? Complete 8/20 and just wondering when to expect some news. Thanks for all your help admissions!!

How long is the screening process taking at the moment? Complete 8/20 and just wondering when to expect some news. Thanks for all your help admissions!!

Currently screening files complete between 8/7-8/14.

Admissions

That's awful kind of you to say. Who knows exactly why? There are so many factors. In the end it's always a human process, and therefore somewhat subjective. Good luck to you in any event, and thanks for your kind words!

And I submitted my secondary earlier than you and my letters are still not screened and complete. Halcyon45 is probably the same case. Maybe we just were unfortunately assigned to a slacker. This proves my point. I know that they said they have a system to prevent such bad customer service, but it is definitely not happening. Perhaps they need a priority system for people who are waiting 8+ weeks already.

Finally, I am not insinuating that I am a high achieving applicant. However, it is certainly frustrating that I feel that I'm not being given a fair shake when I have done the right things from the beginning by submitting my secondary early.

Again, I do understand your frustration. But you ought to maintain professionalism even in this application process. To reiterate, there are many schools I am 'waiting' on, where I submitted secondaries earlier but have not heard back. Yet students who claimed to submit very recently with the same, worse, or better stats have gotten interviews. This case is not isolated to just me, but many, many students here on SDN. We are all going through the same thing. Is it frustrating? Yes. But don't go to their forums and call them "slackers" or make a scene. I don't feel entitled to receive any particular treatment, even if I am waiting 8+ weeks, I am just a hopeful applicant. I hope this makes sense. It is a long, difficult and at times, frustrating process, but you aren't alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who submitted their secondary around July 31st still waiting for letters to be complete? I know they're backed up and now recently quoting at least 5 weeks waiting time but it's just hard to tell if that's normal or if it's worth make a call since they only made that announcement last week (I think). I know they're busy and don't want to bother them unecessarily but also don't want to be overlooked! :)

Just got the complete email....woot!

If anyone is flying to IND on 9/11 afternoon/evening and coming to Marian for the interview on 9/12, please PM me. I am new to Indy so it would be great to know someone who can travel together. Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

I will be withdrawing my II from MU COM. I hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck!

Still waiting on my letters of rec... Supplemental was complete June 30th

If anyone is flying to IND on 9/11 afternoon/evening and coming to Marian for the interview on 9/12, please PM me. I am new to Indy so it would be great to know someone who can travel together. Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

I will be there! I'll send you a message. Anyone else interviewing 9/12 and want to check out campus or get a bite to eat, feel free to send me a message!

Reactions: 1 users