Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does MU-COM send rejections throughout or just at the end of the cycle?

Througout the cycle. Everyone receives a final decision from MU-COM.

Admissions

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
LOR UPDATE:
  • We are still reading letters for those who submitted supplemental applications in mid- to late-July. Our pledge is to be back to our normal 2-3 week processing window as of 9/16. Two new staff members have started, which will help.
Thanks for your patience,
MU-COM

Reactions: 7 users
Yay complete on the portal! Do they send an email too?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
whoo hoo! finally complete on portal. submitted secondary on 7/20. now just waiting for the complete email

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay complete on portal! :clap:

Anyone get an II since last week?

After an interview, how long does it take for MU-COM to make a decision?

anybody without an advisor/committee letter have luck getting it replaced with a science letter? Just noticed my letters were marked complete but not the whole app. Still incomplete due to pre-med advisor letter

anybody without an advisor/committee letter have luck getting it replaced with a science letter? Just noticed my letters were marked complete but not the whole app. Still incomplete due to pre-med advisor letter
I did. I don't have a committee or advisor letter and my whole app is complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just shoot them an email and they'll help you out! A science professor should be able to take the place of the advisor letter at MU from what I've heard!

Thank you for the reply, thats good to hear!

I have individual letters, and I've got a II for this school. You'll be fine as long as it's a good replacement.

Reactions: 1 users
I have individual letters, and I've got a II for this school. You'll be fine as long as it's a good replacement.

Congratulations on II! Would you mind if I ask when did you get your secondary "Complete" and when did you get your II?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

any new IIs? I keep refreshing this page like every 30 min. I want an interview here so bad!! :scared:

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an II! Complete 8/19

Reactions: 4 users
Just got complete email! Those of you who just received II when were you complete?

Just got the complete email (as I was about to comment here about how I hadn't yet)!

complete email received!

Just received complete email

submitted 07/15

Womp womp, post-secondary deferral

They just want to see my grades after this semester but tbh I'm not too bummed.

At least they told you something !

I feel like we are the same person this cycle we are getting the same decision everywhere !

I'll probably get my deferral tomorrow

I for the life of my don't understand how you got a pre-secondary hold at KCU. Like it makes zero sense. Also, how did you know you were rejected from LECOM-B?

I for the life of my don't understand how you got a pre-secondary hold at KCU. Like it makes zero sense. Also, how did you know you were rejected from LECOM-B?
The admission cycle is interesting... Unexpected turns are everywhere

Reactions: 2 users

I'm over trying to understand the process.

LECOM-B Sent me an email informing me they could not accept me to upcoming class (pre-interview) and suggested that I do their post-bacc (Just did that at my local school no thanks).

I'm over trying to understand the process.

LECOM-B Sent me an email informing me they could not accept me to upcoming class (pre-interview) and suggested that I do their post-bacc (Just did that at my local school no thanks).

+1. Loll

For those with II's how long did it take after your complete date? Also congrats :)