Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete 8/22 on the portal but never got a complete email.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you! And congrats on all the success this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

II just now! Complete 8/30.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Scheduled my interview for next Saturday 9/10! Can any current students comment on the 24 minute traditional interview? Stressful, relaxed, open or closed file? Thanks!

Scheduled my interview for next Saturday 9/10! Can any current students comment on the 24 minute traditional interview? Stressful, relaxed, open or closed file? Thanks!
Overall it is pretty relaxed. They have some of your info but not your complete file so if there is something that stands out on it and they don't ask about it, make sure you bring it up.

Reactions: 1 users

Is there options for the weekday or were you required to take a Saturday interview?

Rejected :( AACOMAS 3.09,3.20,506 URM good luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 1 user
What was the time period like for receiving a secondary after you sent in your primary? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just me? Sick.

Really enjoyed my interview at MU-COM today! Very impressive school and the MMI was actually pretty cool. It flew by. Can't wait to hear back! Also Bryan Moody is awesome. Good luck everyone!

Really enjoyed my interview at MU-COM today! Very impressive school and the MMI was actually pretty cool. It flew by. Can't wait to hear back! Also Bryan Moody is awesome. Good luck everyone!

In terms of stressfulness where would you rank the interview on a scale of 1-10? Read something earlier saying it was crazy intense.

In terms of stressfulness where would you rank the interview on a scale of 1-10? Read something earlier saying it was crazy intense.

Maybe 2. I had a drastically different experience from that person luckily. My heart rate was probably like 200+ while reading the first prompt posted on the door but I immediately relaxed once I met my interviewer. All 3 of them were very easy going, they didn't try to trick me at all. They were just trying to see if I'm a normal human being with emotions and not a robot. I really enjoyed them!

Maybe 2. I had a drastically different experience from that person luckily. My heart rate was probably like 200+ while reading the first prompt posted on the door but I immediately relaxed once I met my interviewer. All 3 of them were very easy going, they didn't try to trick me at all. They were just trying to see if I'm a normal human being with emotions and not a robot. I really enjoyed them!

That's great to here :) thank you! I really hope I get an II from here, seems like a great school and I love the connection with MSUCOM!

That's great to here :) thank you! I really hope I get an II from here, seems like a great school and I love the connection with MSUCOM!

If anyone of you guys go to MU, maybe I can rotate with you :)

Reactions: 2 users

I agree, I interviewed yesterday and it was a very good experience. Those about to interview shouldn't stress about it.

Already getting nervous and second-guessing my performance during my interviews!! Really hope we hear back this week. Would likely cancel the rest of my interviews if accepted!

Every other interview besides KCU lol. I'm leaving for KC tomorrow and it's another top choice of mine. If I'm as impressed by KCU at the interview and end up being accepted to both I would have a really hard time deciding! That is if I even get accepted to either...*nervous*

Alternate listed just now. Super bummed :(

Waitlisted here post interview. Just got the email.

Waitlisted here post interview. Just got the email.

Do you feel your interview went well? I thought all 3 of mine went really well so I was surprised to get alternate listed. Could be my MCAT scores as well.

Do you feel your interview went well? I thought all 3 of mine went really well so I was surprised to get alternate listed. Could be my MCAT scores as well.

Yeah I thought my interview went really well actually. I was waitlisted here last year as well (albeit I applied and interviewed in May) so I was hoping this time around I would be accepted. Again its not the worst thing -- we do have a pretty good shot at getting in judging by their interview/accepted ratio. I could really see myself at this school so I'm gonna stay optimistic.

I will ask them about movement of the alternate list in October though. I have a couple more interviews coming up

What were all of your stats? I was waitlisted as well. You can dm me if you dont want to say them on the thread.

Last edited:
Finally complete! submitted 8/19

Hey, guys. does anyone know what the acceptance procedure is for this school (how long after acceptance is offered until deposit is due, is deposit refundable, how much is the deposit...?)

Has anyone been placed on post secondary hold and gotten an email about them re-reviewing your app or gotten an interview yet? I was placed on hold over a month ago and the email stated that they would look at my application again in a month or sooner.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Has anyone been placed on post secondary hold and gotten an email about them re-reviewing your app or gotten an interview yet? I was placed on hold over a month ago and the email stated that they would look at my application again in a month or sooner.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
My app was put on hold post secondary and then I received an interview. IMO Marian does a great job of reviewing apps on hold and on the alternate list.

for those of you that interviewed, how long did it take? like if I select the 0830 start time, what time do you think I'd be finished? just trying to figure out which flight to book

II just now. Complete 08/30.

So thrilled. Ecstatic!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my interview invite, first one of the cycle for me! Completed secondaries in mid August so I was starting to get a little impatient

I keep refreshing my email like every minutes :( Complete on August 31 so I'm hoping to hear something soon! Would love to attend this school. Are we given some kind of a decision regardless of whether or not we are invited for an interview?

I keep refreshing my email like every minutes :( Complete on August 31 so I'm hoping to hear something soon! Would love to attend this school. Are we given some kind of a decision regardless of whether or not we are invited for an interview?
Yup they let you know if you are accept or reject pre interview, as well as if you are on hold pre interview. Don't fret! This is the busy time of the cycle!

for those of you that interviewed, how long did it take? like if I select the 0830 start time, what time do you think I'd be finished? just trying to figure out which flight to book

Check in for my day was between 7:30 and 8 and we were dismissed between 12 and 12:30.

for those who have interviewed, any tips on the MMI? maybe suggestions on what topics to be familiar with?

II just now! complete 8/25

just curious is a November 5th interview late? I am concerned the class will be almost full by then but it was the earliest date available, thanks!

II just now! complete 8/25

just curious is a November 5th interview late? I am concerned the class will be almost full by then but it was the earliest date available, thanks!

Dude your fine. They started interviewing later compared to other schools. Good luck.

Yeah I thought my interview went really well actually. I was waitlisted here last year as well (albeit I applied and interviewed in May) so I was hoping this time around I would be accepted. Again its not the worst thing -- we do have a pretty good shot at getting in judging by their interview/accepted ratio. I could really see myself at this school so I'm gonna stay optimistic.
do you know their interview/acceptance ratio? thanks