Marquette School of Dentistry – The Official Thread: Interview / Acceptance

Set up an interview for October 4th in the afternoon! I'm OOS Minnesota and would love if there is any others out there going this same day that would want to split a room the night before our interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the email this morning oh my gosh i am so happy.
Praise be to god.

For those who have gotten interviews in the past couple of days, can you please provide batch and stats if comfortable posting?

Thanks and good luck!

For all those of you OOSers who received interview invites what were your stats and what batch were you in?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind, when was your application complete?
I was first batch, got emailed June 28th saying everything was complete but I needed to submit the supplemental fee. I sent that out like the 2nd week of July.

That's better than me so I'd say you do since I got an interview.

Got invited for interview today!

Instate. GPA - 3.69, DAT: 21, 22, 22 (AA, TS, PAT)

Anyone also interviewing Nov. 4th in the morning?

Got invited for interview today!

Instate. GPA - 3.69, DAT: 21, 22, 22 (AA, TS, PAT)

Anyone also interviewing Nov. 4th in the morning?

When did you get your "application complete" email? if you dont mind me asking...

My junk e-mail filter is going beyond the call of duty and deleting important application e-mails. Can anyone who got a confirmation e-mail/interview invite post or PM me the e-mail address they (Marquette admissions) used so I can add it to my contacts? Was it the same e-mail address for both?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I want a Marquette interview :(

No worries man, you'll get one :thumbup: I wonder if Marquette is done sending invites or planning to send some more eventually. It kind of concerns me because I have not heard form many people receiving interview invites. Any thoughts? Has anyone else been invited?

No worries man, you'll get one :thumbup: I wonder if Marquette is done sending invites or planning to send some more eventually. It kind of concerns me because I have not heard form many people receiving interview invites. Any thoughts? Has anyone else been invited?

I was told they have already sent out the vast majority of their invites for interviewing. If they send anymore out it will be post-december. Sorry :(

I just finished my interview here. LOVED IT.

How was it??

I am an in-state so I still have a solid month.

Hope it went well! @tbond5 too!

It went really well! It was 5 guys and 11 girls interviewing and I felt like half the girls had interviews to Harvard and Upenn so def a brilliant group being interviewed. The interviewers were really nice and it's a fantastic school.

I was told they have already sent out the vast majority of their invites for interviewing. If they send anymore out it will be post-december. Sorry :(

Who told you that? Bummer...

The director came to our pre-dental meeting yesterday and I can confirm what @tbond5 said. I asked him specifically if all Pre-Dec spots have been filled and he told me they are all full.

Did anyone else have their status updated to "check back on December 2nd...."?

According to my stalking of last years forums those who had their status changed got accepted. Trying not to read in to it to much is impossible!

I want to know if EVERYONE had a status change. I texted a friend yesterday and hers did too.

I want to know if EVERYONE had a status change. I texted a friend yesterday and hers did too.

All I know is that Marquette will give you an answer as to whether you're accepted rejected or wait listed tonight or tomorrow if you interviewed there. (Depending on when they send the mass emails)

All I know is that Marquette will give you an answer as to whether you're accepted rejected or wait listed tonight or tomorrow if you interviewed there. (Depending on when they send the mass emails)

I read the posts from last year for MU, and status changes ended up being acceptances. But I do not wanna be quoted on that. That is like borderline giving myself false hope.... Haha

I do agree that I have seen the same thing and it is probably true cause I love this school and I have hope!

I do agree that I have seen the same thing and it is probably true cause I love this school and I have hope!

I'm with you, I've got a good feeling! And hey, it's better than our statuses not changing and wondering why...

Hoping the Check back doesn't mean the opposite this year....

Update: So I found out from ANOTHER friend.. his status update changed too. We are all in state applicants

... so let's not jump to conclusions.. Ha. Even though the trend has been like this for the past 2 years (to know knowledge).

Has anyone heard from that the portal has NOT been updated after interview?

Update: So I found out from ANOTHER friend.. his status update changed too. We are all in state applicants

... so let's not jump to conclusions.. Ha. Even though the trend has been like this for the past 2 years (to know knowledge).

Has anyone heard from that the portal has NOT been updated after interview?

I'm from Seattle and mine was changed if that helps.

I can't wait to see all the accepts tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

Did anyone else also get the thank you email like a week ago saying that we hope you consider us in the event that we send good news our way?!!!
Also, I was told that Brian calls people who are accepted the day before which was today! Did anyone get any phone calls?

Just got the call! I'm excited to be a part of the class of 2018!!

Reactions: 1 user