Marquette School of Dentistry – The Official Thread: Interview / Acceptance

It's pretty much the same thing but it says that those interviewed in the fall are candidates for further reviews with adcoms and will start accepting those from that list in January till the class is full.
What if you did not interview? Should those then be looking forward to getting an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

What if you did not interview? Should those then be looking forward to getting an interview?

I have no idea. I do remember them saying they dont give that many interviews after December.

Has anyone else gotten the "offer made" status on AADSAS but not gotten a phone call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else gotten the "offer made" status on AADSAS but not gotten a phone call?
Yes, Jafar was in the same boat and got a call an hour ago. Post when you get the call. It will be coming

Offer made! Received my phone call last night. Best of luck to the rest of the applicants!

Did anyone receive an e-mail from Marquette as well? I missed my phone call last night, and Brian's message mentioned something about calling with questions after I received their offer (and I think he mentioned today). My AADSAS did change to offer made, so maybe that plus the phone call are the only ways they notify you until you receive your paper offer?

Received the phone call last night! Offer made. In-state. Good luck to all other applicants!!

Did anyone receive an e-mail from Marquette as well? I missed my phone call last night, and Brian's message mentioned something about calling with questions after I received their offer (and I think he mentioned today). My AADSAS did change to offer made, so maybe that plus the phone call are the only ways they notify you until you receive your paper offer?

I think Brian said that everyone would get their acceptance packets before the end of the week. So maybe that's what he meant about receiving the offer?
I didn't get a phone call but he sent out an email this afternoon confirming acceptances for those he missed.

They send me the "ON HOLD" email yesterday. I never interviewed. I'm taking it as a pillowy soft rejection.

Reactions: 1 user
I think Brian said that everyone would get their acceptance packets before the end of the week. So maybe that's what he meant about receiving the offer?
I didn't get a phone call but he sent out an email this afternoon confirming acceptances for those he missed.

Thanks for your super helpful response!

Members don't see this ad :)

Is the acceptance packet something that we'll get in an email or is it snail mail? I was accepted (with phone call/AADSAS) but haven't received anything else yet.

Does anyone know if there's an official Facebook page yet?

Is the acceptance packet something that we'll get in an email or is it snail mail? I was accepted (with phone call/AADSAS) but haven't received anything else yet.
I believe it should be physical mail?

I don't know if we get a formal email, but I did get the criminal background check email right now (~15 mins ago.)

I can't get into the facebook group. It says i need to register my University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee email address?

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone received the acceptance package already by any chance?

I wonder what our scrub color will be... guessing the teal green color, perhaps??

I was put on "HOLD" for the second year round. I dont know what to do..man this is a bummer

Has anyone been admitted off the wait-list (specifically in state students) yet?

Has anyone been admitted off the wait-list (specifically in state students) yet?
Still waiting. I think there are a few in state seats left that haven't been filled. Fingers crossed!

Still waiting. I think there are a few in state seats left that haven't been filled. Fingers crossed!

Not that thinking about it affects our chances, but where did you get the impression that there are still in-state offers to be extended? (I'll take any sign of hope!)

Last edited:
Not that thinking about it affects our chances, but where did you get the impression that there are still in-state offers to be extended? (I'll take any sign of hope!)
I spoke with admissions and they said that they will be making more offers on Friday probably.

I talked to admissions last week. They said they have more OOS spots than in state, but they still have some of both. They said the offers will be extended only to those applicants who have already been interviewed (OOS interviews were in October -- in state were in November). They also said they would be trying to get more offers out on Friday (Jan 18). Good luck to everybody.

Didn't aadsas update first before they made calls last time?

Oh I hope I get an in-state seat! I was accepted to two great OOS schools, but unfortunately not at MUSoD. It would be nice to stay in WI. And even with prices being the same, I'd still consider MUSoD the best ft for myself. Oh well. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I called the office this morning and she said that they send out some acceptances for January. The next round will be in February now.

Does anyone know how many interviewed people they wait list?

Does anyone know how many interviewed people they wait list?
There are around 55 people waitlisted for in-state right now. They made more offers on Friday. Now we wait to see who puts down deposits. After that they will send rejections or you will be chosen as an "alternate".

There are around 55 people waitlisted for in-state right now. They made more offers on Friday. Now we wait to see who puts down deposits. After that they will send rejections or you will be chosen as an "alternate".
how about oos?