Married to Medicine show: What is that crap!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMDO2018

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes I feel the show is an embarrassment to the black community. But it does shed light on how selective physicians need to be when selecting a spouse.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The show is a negative for ALL physicians. I saw two episodes last year and it seems like all the docs were living like they pulled in 1m+ a year (very unlikely considering their specialties). Massive houses, 100k cars, lavish parties/vacations. Just furthers the public's impression that all doctors are mega-rich, greedy, bastards.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes I feel the show is an embarrassment to the black community. But it does shed light on how selective physicians need to be when selecting a spouse.

I know! What doctor in his right mind would marry these completely classless women. You can't take a hoodrat, clean her up a bit and expect her to fit into professional society. The two women on the show who are actually doctors, I feel the older one was ok, though her involvement with a show like this is questionable. The other one, Dr. Simone is just a country bama who isn't use to anything.

I know! What doctor in his right mind would marry these completely classless women. You can't take a hoodrat, clean her up a bit and expect her to fit into professional society. The two women on the show who are actually doctors, I feel the older one was ok, though her involvement with a show like this is questionable. The other one, Dr. Simone is just a country bama who isn't use to anything.

The show was bad and full of drama just like any other reality tv show however I would criticize all participants, doctors and spouses. I for one think the African American female physicians carried themselves quite well in comparison to their peers and are not deserving of the harsh criticism and derogatory language you used to describe them.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't think Dr. Simone carried herself well.

I thought this show was cancelled after the first season. I had no idea it was renewed.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I think in a world where African American women are underrepresented and unaccounted for, I do not agree with this show because it thrives off of drama for ratings. The doctors may have carried themselves quit well on tv 1st season but what is the bigger picture and to what expense? Why would these doctors feel the need to be in a environment like this other than to receive more publicity than what is given in their offices by their staff, patients & community, which can again be seen as greed? If this show diminishes the drama and only sheds light on their real day to day practices it could be considered boring and lack the ratings it needs to make money for producers, executives etc. It has to entertain or minimum light will be shed. The stars of the show give a little of themselves (fuel/drama/fights to the ratings) to receive the light, and the directors, producers etc give the fame & money to receive more fuel= more money=more greed=more public envy=negative stereotypes for African American female healthcare providers=A bad look for me and you. Lets face it our race hasn't always been seen in the best way among other races and what better way to kill us off by targeting an elite class in the community? *drops mic*

Personally, I think in a world where African American women are underrepresented and unaccounted for, I do not agree with this show because it thrives off of drama for ratings. The doctors may have carried themselves quit well on tv 1st season but what is the bigger picture and to what expense? Why would these doctors feel the need to be in a environment like this other than to receive more publicity than what is given in their offices by their staff, patients & community, which can again be seen as greed? If this show diminishes the drama and only sheds light on their real day to day practices it could be considered boring and lack the ratings it needs to make money for producers, executives etc. It has to entertain or minimum light will be shed. The stars of the show give a little of themselves (fuel/drama/fights to the ratings) to receive the light, and the directors, producers etc give the fame & money to receive more fuel= more money=more greed=more public envy=negative stereotypes for African American female healthcare providers=A bad look for me and you. Lets face it our race hasn't always been seen in the best way among other races and what better way to kill us off by targeting an elite class in the community? *drops mic*

"kill us off"? reality shows are all about drama and ratings...they don't care about race. (i.e. buckwild, jersey shore, realhousewives, duck dynasty). The show is junk, but race isn't the reason it's junk

Reactions: 1 user
"kill us off"? reality shows are all about drama and ratings...they don't care about race. (i.e. buckwild, jersey shore, realhousewives, duck dynasty). The show is junk, but race isn't the reason it's junk
You completely missed the point. There's no physicians on those shows you listed.

You completely missed the point. There's no physicians on those shows you listed.
I didn't miss anything. The poster above believes it is some stupid conspiracy to besmirch educated black people. Producers don't care about educate or uneducated, white or black, gay or straight.....they want ratings and cash....they see no other color than green

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't miss anything. The poster above believes it is some stupid conspiracy to besmirch educated black people. Producers don't care about educate or uneducated, white or black, gay or straight.....they want ratings and cash....they see no other color than green

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with you there. I don't think that's what he's saying though. I think he wants the physicians themselves to take responsibility and not be on the show.

@NontradCA Exactly! @sb247 That fact that these physicians/dentist would accept this opportunity, putting their status on the line for a show which also allows them to degrade a profession that we all view with high prestige and to top it all off make the AA race look bad. I'm not pinpointing our race as the main topic here, I am just highlighting the fact that as a AA woman and future dentist it is not in my best interest to see my profession and demographic viewed as worthless one day becasue of what this show could possibly do to it.