Marring into Med School

marriedintomed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am currently engaged to a soon-to-be med student. We are getting married this June and he will start in August. He has narrowed down his top acceptances to UPENN, UVA, and Columbia (Yale being a possible 4th). We are just waiting for financials to come in before we make a decision on where we will be moving. I am a sophomore in undergrad, and I have no idea what to expect next year. We won't have been married long before he starts. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I am currently engaged to a soon-to-be med student. We are getting married this June and he will start in August. He has narrowed down his top acceptances to UPENN, UVA, and Columbia (Yale being a possible 4th). We are just waiting for financials to come in before we make a decision. I am a sophomore in undergrad, and I have no idea what to expect next year. We won't have been married long before he starts. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!
I'm assuming you are moving with them?

Expect them to be more stressed out and absent than you are accustomed to, expect that they may have to move again in 4 years no matter what's happening in your education/career, expect that they will develop friends and "inside med school" jokes that you won't understand or care about.....but other than that it's just normal marriage stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm assuming you are moving with them?

Expect them to be more stressed out and absent than you are accustomed to, expect that they may have to move again in 4 years no matter what's happening in your education/career, expect that they will develop friends and "inside med school" jokes that you won't understand or care about.....but other than that it's just normal marriage stuff.
Would you not use "him" and "he" here. She is part of the "them". Unless there is another person involved I am not seeing here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Med school is truly life consuming. He will have to study all the time. I started a relationship (m1) and now about to get married in a month (m4). It has been hard and not easy but possible.

Best thing you can do is let him do what he has to do, be there to listen and let him vent, and try and understand something you possibly can't. And take what time he can give.

You will have to take a back seat and not resent him for it. And don't be needy. Make your own life too.

Reactions: 1 user
Would you not use "him" and "he" here. She is part of the "them". Unless there is another person involved I am not seeing here.
not if I was typing and forgot the gender of people involved ;)