Marshall University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RRMoawad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone applying to Marshall University?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I applied ED and was accepted in October!

if you don't mind me asking, what was your GPA being accepted?
Also, what kind of advice can you give about writing in the additional information section on the supplemental?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
if you don't mind me asking, what was your GPA being accepted?
Also, what kind of advice can you give about writing in the additional information section on the supplemental?
Thank you!
I am interviewing at Marshall this coming Friday the 24th.

I was very impressed with Marshall. They have smaller class sizes, an innovative way of teaching in the flip classroom concept, the lecture halls are not these cavernous theatre style rooms but smaller rooms with roundtables and the professor's podium is in the middle of the room. Large flat screen tvs and dry erase boards cover the walls of the room. The learning appears to be more community based, where you work with your fellow peers. The building is state of the art, the faculty and staff are very friendly (unlike other colleges that I have interviewed at), and the professors appear to have an excellent vision of where they want to take the college. Going into the interviews, I wasn't sure of what to expect with it being a new college, coming out of the interviews I felt like they did an excellent job of selling the program and I felt like they offered a more innovative style of a pharmacy education compared to what other pharmacy schools offered. Very impressed with this school, they have done an excellent job of putting it together.

I was very impressed with Marshall. They have smaller class sizes, an innovative way of teaching in the flip classroom concept, the lecture halls are not these cavernous theatre style rooms but smaller rooms with roundtables and the professor's podium is in the middle of the room. Large flat screen tvs and dry erase boards cover the walls of the room. The learning appears to be more community based, where you work with your fellow peers. The building is state of the art, the faculty and staff are very friendly (unlike other colleges that I have interviewed at), and the professors appear to have an excellent vision of where they want to take the college. Going into the interviews, I wasn't sure of what to expect with it being a new college, coming out of the interviews I felt like they did an excellent job of selling the program and I felt like they offered a more innovative style of a pharmacy education compared to what other pharmacy schools offered. Very impressed with this school, they have done an excellent job of putting it together.

Thank you for this post. I have an interview this coming friday and Im not sure what to expect. I couldn't find interview feedback to prepare myself, how did you prepare yourself?

Thank you for this post. I have an interview this coming friday and Im not sure what to expect. I couldn't find interview feedback to prepare myself, how did you prepare yourself?

I can't tell you any details of the interview because we had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, I got accepted and wouldn't want to jeopordize that in anyway.
Just relax and you will do fine. The professors and students are very friendly. I enjoyed my day there. They feed you well.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't tell you any details of the interview because we had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, I got accepted and wouldn't want to jeopordize that in anyway.
Just relax and you will do fine. The professors and students are very friendly. I enjoyed my day there. They feed you well.

I understand :)
Thank you and congrats!! :D

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview here at Marshall on February 28th, anyone else on the same date?? If so where are you guys staying at, some hotels nearby?

I do! I was actually scheduled for tomorrow but my flight got cancelled due to the storm so now Im going to schedule for 28th. I had my hotel reservation at motel 8, I'll probably go with that one again. Which airport?

I have an interview here at Marshall on February 28th, anyone else on the same date?? If so where are you guys staying at, some hotels nearby?

I do! I was actually scheduled for tomorrow but my flight got cancelled due to the storm so now Im going to schedule for 28th. I had my hotel reservation at motel 8, I'll probably go with that one again. Which airport?

Yey! Can't wait to meet you! I'm actually taking a train to there lol, so I believe its Station Building at Huntington, WV.

Yeah, I'm looking for hotels nearby too, since im new to the area.

Oh cool! :)) Where are you coming from??? Its going to be a long day! 7:45 am check in and wont be done till like 4 I think?

Ooo! HOw exciting! Im flying from CA! I hope this interview goes smooth. Becky (who does the scheduling) is super nice and friendly. She gives me hope for a good day lol

Ooo! HOw exciting! Im flying from CA! I hope this interview goes smooth. Becky (who does the scheduling) is super nice and friendly. She gives me hope for a good day lol

Yeah I agree, she is super sweet! Well, can't wait to meet you! :).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Good luck! I enjoyed my visit there, it looks like a great place to go to school. The faculty and staff are super nice.

$77 for a night at Motel 8 is bit expensive. Anyone knows any decent places cheaper than that? :(

Hi Guys, so I changed my interview, What hotel are you all staying at?

Last edited: