Maryland Interview - is it worth going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Herbie the elf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Maryland next week and I'm trying to figure out if it is worth going to it. I know that by going to the interview there is always the chance I may get in, but i'm not trying to spend 36 hours of traveling and interviewing just to placed somewhere on a waitlist with 120-some other people.

So has anyone interviewed at Maryland recently? If so, what did the admissions staff say about how many people have already accepted? Or did they say that everyone interviewing after December 1st were automatically placed on a waitlist? Basically, is it worth an out-of-stater with a 3.24 GPA to be going to an interview at Maryland so late in the game?

Members don't see this ad.

No don't waste your time. Maryland wait-list is extensive for OOS students.

If I were you and ended up not going, the question of what if I got in would always linger in the back of my head. The question for you would be if you want to go to Maryland. They invited you for a reason. I would say 60-70% is filled, just a guess though from our fb group.

Members don't see this ad :)
you would be wasting time if you already have an acceptance However, if you don't, please go!

good luck!

I'm in the same situation. Out of state, no acceptances so I am deciding as well. GPA: 3.81 DAT: 20/20/18 By the way, I am signed in as a different user

I'm in the same situation. Out of state, no acceptances so I am deciding as well. GPA: 3.81 DAT: 20/20/18 By the way, I am signed in as a different user

Don't go, its a waste of time and money at this point in the cycle.

I'd go if i were you. I know people who were wait listed and got accepted well into April. If you have the slightest interest, go and have fun...

I wish i can get an interview from them!

:) good luck

If you like blue crabs and crab cakes, then go. Otherwise, no point in going.

I just got an interview invite! I am going! Why not its a chance so I am going to go for it.

I just got an interview invite! I am going! Why not its a chance so I am going to go for it.

I would look at it more as a practice opportunity for next year than anything. But I'd still try my hardest.

you would be wasting time if you already have an acceptance However, if you don't, please go!

good luck!

Agree with this. Unless you live far away and have to spend a ton of money to travel to MD, there's not much harm in going.

If you don't have acceptances you might as well go... What if you get in?