Maryland mpje 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxpharm1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I went to school in a different state and now I am trying to recipricote my license to MD, please suggest how to study for Maryland MPJE. I am planning to take the exam soon within a month and will share my notes with any student who takes the exam in the summer. So far I am looking the MD law book written by the judge and notes from pharmacy exam.
Any notes from the people who went to school in maryland?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm also reciprocating my license and scheduled to take MPJE in 2 weeks. I use the Reiss and Hall book (Guide to Federal Pharmacy) for review on federal laws and the MPHA pharmacy law book for Maryland specific questions....heard these are the study materials for UM students....

Does anyone have more info on the oral competency test? The state I'm originally licensed with does not require such test, so I really don't know anything about it...Will call Berlitz center next week, but any comment here is greatly appreciated!

Good Luck!

Agree w/ studying the MPHA book. Just studied that and brushed over my federal law notes from school. The MD BOP offers a law book of MD law, but I would not recommend this. It's like reading the Code of Federal Regulations. To order the MPHA book you can just fax them over a form w/ the payment info and they usually mail it out by the next day.

I am graduating in 2 months and go to school in a different state than MD but I am planning to move to MD as soon as I graduate. It's helpful to know what resources are best to prepare from, thank you. Any helpful tips are appreciated and welcomed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought this MPHA book but don't know how it works. The first 106 pages are straight forward and look like the summary of the law. After that comes the "Health Occupations Article" which looks like some copy and paste information. Are we to read the whole book or only focus on the 9 well prepared and easy to read chapters (the first 106 pages). Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Did you take the MD MJPE on 7/8 ? I found that even with a good understanding of federal law and looking over MD law reviews and MD law the questions were not straightforward and did not test basic, practical knowledge i.e. number of days, time limits, what's on the Rx etc. There were too many questions based on nuances..
One had me to choose between calling the police or filing a form 106 in the case of theft...You had to pick on or the other. There were only maybe 20 "fair" questions...
Anyone comments?

I took the MPJE at the end of June. It was horrible! I read through the whole MPhA review book, I went to the law review section held by UMaryland in May and I read through the Resiss/Hall federal law review book. I still had to guess on most of the questions. I remember in the middle of the exam I felt I was doomed. I was almost sure I would fail at the time. However, luckily I pass, barely though.

Did you take the MD MJPE on 7/8 ? I found that even with a good understanding of federal law and looking over MD law reviews and MD law the questions were not straightforward and did not test basic, practical knowledge i.e. number of days, time limits, what's on the Rx etc. There were too many questions based on nuances..
One had me to choose between calling the police or filing a form 106 in the case of theft...You had to pick on or the other. There were only maybe 20 "fair" questions...
Anyone comments?

Welcome to taking the MPJE.

I'm taking my exam in 2 days. I'm reading through the MPhA book. Just wondering if the 9 chapters are sufficient?

I'm also looking for some practice questions...do you know of any good sources? Can't seem to find any Maryland specific.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

I recently took MD MPJE and passed.
I wanted to get MPHA law book, since many people on this forum suggested that book, but wasn't able to get it. So I just used the Federal law book (Reiss)and questions from pharmacyexam. Plus I flipped thru the MD law book here and there, which I purchased from BoP, but did not really "studied" much from it.
And as some people suggested, I went to BoP website and browsed through stuff like FAQs on pharmacy practice and etc.
For me, the exam wasn't as horrible as some people described.
Good luck to you! You will pass:)

Thanks Glenwood. I've read mixed reviews about pharmacyexam. Did it have any Maryland specific practice questions or just Federal?

Didn't make it. Got a 73. :mad: I thought the exam was ridiculous. Not to mention my test had a few typos. If they can't write questions properly, how do they expect me to answer them correctly?!?

How long does it take for Maryland Board of Pharmacy, to respond you (after submitting required docs)?

Just passed MD MPJE on 2nd attempt. It was tricky and required detailed knowledge in obscure areas of permits, license, DEA, forms, schedules etc. I used MPhA Laws and Regulations ( the 1st 106 pages and others), UMD Pharmacy law Review, 150 Questions and other notes. Pay attention to codeine and morphine strengths in C III and V. Duties of supervising pharmacists, interns, externs, techs and LTCF and governing bodies.
Thank you all for your contributions.

Can someone please tell me what are the repackaing guidelines for a retail setting. For instance, a pt asks the pharmacist to mix two topicals that he bought OTC or if a patients wants an OTC product repackaged in unit dose or as such. I am licensed in another state and work as a consulting pharmacist. I dont have retail experiance. Did not pass my exam last time :mad: can someone help. I am retaking it next week. Any study partner out there? Thanks

Hi
I went to school in a different state and now I am trying to recipricote my license to MD, please suggest how to study for Maryland MPJE. I am planning to take the exam soon within a month and will share my notes with any student who takes the exam in the summer. So far I am looking the MD law book written by the judge and notes from pharmacy exam.
Any notes from the people who went to school in maryland?

I didn't study. Passed with an 87 and guessed on every question. I'm pretty sure it's pre-determined whether or not you'll pass...and most people do. You'll be fine.

Anyone comments?

It's stated in the DEA Handbook for pharmacists that in the case of theft in CDS, the first thing to do is notify the DEA and local police. Then complete the DEA form 106...hope that clears it up for you or anyone else.

It's stated in the DEA Handbook for pharmacists that in the case of theft in CDS, the first thing to do is notify the DEA and local police. Then complete the DEA form 106...hope that clears it up for you or anyone else.

I know it's an old thread but I'm studying for MD MPJE and came across this. ^^This answer would be wrong. Form 106 is a requirement, while the DEA Handbook says, "Although not specifically required by federal law or regulations, the registrant should also notify local law enforcement and state regulatory agencies." Only Form 106 and DEA Diversion Field Office written notifications are requirements!