Master Thesis and ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineMan99

Family Medicine Attending (DO)
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a MS in a totally unrelated field (counseling). I did my Master Thesis on an interesting topic that brings counseling into medicine. I would like to include this on my ERAS application somewhere. Can I do it under "unpublished publications"? I don't think the thesis counts as peer-reviewed since it was just reviewed by a few faculty members and not published.

Thanks for you input!

Members don't see this ad.

I would simply put it in the Experience section. You'll get to write a paragraph about your thesis and why you explored the issue you did. I would not list it as a pub if it was not published in a peer reviewed journal.

I would simply put it in the Experience section. You'll get to write a paragraph about your thesis and why you explored the issue you did. I would not list it as a pub if it was not published in a peer reviewed journal.

Thanks for the information!

Another quick question... I did do a poster presentation on my thesis. Should I put the actual thesis in the "Experience" section as you suggested and then mention it again under "Publications" for "Poster Presentation"?

Thanks!

If the poster was at a regional / national / international meeting, and was competitively selected and peer reviewed, then yes you list your research activity as a research experience, and then the poster as a publication.

Dear aProgDirector I listed my thesis under other publications is it OK?

FYI, I have both an Masters Thesis and PhD Dissertation which were bound and published in our university library. Both are accessible on the internet, and thus both are listed as "Other Publications." I ran this by both our dean and my specialty advisor and both indicated it was a-ok, and actually advocated listing it.
-G

Reactions: 1 user
I have a master's thesis that is bound and published in my school's library as well. What section could I list this under on the new myeras options? Other articles?