Master's or Post back ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mniki

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I am currently a UC bio grad and have a low GPA around 3ish who wants to be a DDS.
I would like to know which program should I do?
take some post bac classes at the cal state near my house or apply to a master program again at a cal state?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all
I am currently a UC bio grad and have a low GPA around 3ish who wants to be a DDS.
I would like to know which program should I do?
take some post bac classes at the cal state near my house or apply to a master program again at a cal state?

If you have a handful of schools that you are specifically interested in, you should contact them and ask them what their preference is. I was in your same shoes last year. I contacted all admissions departments of schools that I was interested in. My dream DDS program responded that I definitely don't need to pursue a masters. They put more emphasis on shadowing hours and a more solid DAT. This was a relief. I accrued over 300 shadow hours and successfully improved my DAT. I took a few post bach classes for good measure and for other schools. I received an interview for my efforts. I guess if you are still young and your ECs and DAT are not stand out, you might consider a masters program.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have a handful of schools that you are specifically interested in, you should contact them and ask them what their preference is. I was in your same shoes last year. I contacted all admissions departments of schools that I was interested in. My dream DDS program responded that I definitely don't need to pursue a masters. They put more emphasis on shadowing hours and a more solid DAT. This was a relief. I accrued over 300 shadow hours and successfully improved my DAT. I took a few post bach classes for good measure and for other schools. I received an interview for my efforts. I guess if you are still young and your ECs and DAT are not stand out, you might consider a masters program.
thank you so much for the info .. nope i m not that young and i wanna finish school ASAP!