Match Number Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bacillus1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't provide my match number to most of the programs that asked me to interview, so I was just wondering, how easy is it for the programs to look up my match number? Should I just e-mail programs my match number, or will they ask if they need it?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't provide my match number to most of the programs that asked me to interview, so I was just wondering, how easy is it for the programs to look up my match number? Should I just e-mail programs my match number, or will they ask if they need it?

It is extremely easy to look up a number. I don't think you should email, and no one will probably ask at this point. We actually don't take/pay attention to the numbers candidates give us because it is so easily looked up and we don't want to get them mixed up at that point.

It is extremely easy to look up a number. I don't think you should email, and no one will probably ask at this point. We actually don't take/pay attention to the numbers candidates give us because it is so easily looked up and we don't want to get them mixed up at that point.

Thanks! Makes me feel better.

Programs can search for your name when they make the rank lists. It pulls up your name/school.