Match Results 2012 Live!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxone2trixx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Results for the Match are Live!

Just received an email.

Members don't see this ad.

Matched! Incredibly happy. Good luck all.

Members don't see this ad :)
My wife matched as well! Congratulations to all of you! Btw, what is the next step? Wait to hear back from the hospital?

Matched! I've already heard of quite a few folks that did not match this year. Looks like competition was pretty stiff :scared:

My wife matched as well! Congratulations to all of you! Btw, what is the next step? Wait to hear back from the hospital?

RPD at the match site should be contacting you later on today with what's the next step (paperwork and records etc). If not by mid afternoon, I would send an e-mail to them.

Husband matched at first choice!!!

Matched! I've already heard of quite a few folks that did not match this year. Looks like competition was pretty stiff :scared:

It's been stiff since 2009, but getting stiffer by the year. It's unfortunate, but I've been advocating doing whatever it takes to make GPA and CV polished, but they thought was a bunch of huey. Well...

Didn't match. Only applied to 2 programs. Bummer. Don't want to scramble, but will take a look.

Haven't heard yet (as a site). Congrats to those of you who matched!

Didn't match. Only applied to 2 programs. Bummer. Don't want to scramble, but will take a look.

Don't wait, do it now. Some students will break down and go sob somewhere, that's the worst time to do it if you want to scramble.

Matched despite being a worse applicant/interviewee than many of my classmates who did not match. The world is a strange place.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone!
Is the scramble list available now because I cannot have accsess to it??
I withdrew from the match, but I was just wondering if I can have any chance with the scramble!! I will not be able to get my license within the first few months from the start of the program. Can any program accept that?? Any advice??

We got two awesome residents...my top 2 choices!

Congrats everyone!
Is the scramble list available now because I cannot have accsess to it??
I withdrew from the match, but I was just wondering if I can have any chance with the scramble!! I will not be able to get my license within the first few months from the start of the program. Can any program accept that?? Any advice??

http://www.natmatch.com/ashprmp/

103 scramble spots. That's less than last year correct?

Applicants Enrolled for PGY1 4508
Participating 3706
Matched 2268

Last edited:
That's not many at all.

Matched!

I did the math, and if you include the applicants who withdrew because of not getting any interviews, only 58% of applicants matched this year. That's really rough.

Matched!

I did the math, and if you include the applicants who withdrew because of not getting any interviews, only 58% of applicants matched this year. That's really rough.

well, I personally wouldn't count those that withdrew, since they did not go into the match algorithm.

PGY-1 Applicant matched: 2268
PGY-1 Applicant not matched: 1438

So that's a 61.2% match rate, which is similar to my year, 2010 at 61.8%. What is worse is the 9.9 to 1 unmatched to scramble slot ratio, as to 7.4 to 1 back in 2010. I'll do some basic stats and post it later.

well, I personally wouldn't count those that withdrew, since they did not go into the match algorithm.

PGY-1 Applicant matched: 2268
PGY-1 Applicant not matched: 1438

So that's a 61.2% match rate, which is similar to my year, 2010 at 61.8%. What is worse is the 9.9 to 1 unmatched to scramble slot ratio, as to 7.4 to 1 back in 2010. I'll do some basic stats and post it later.

Well it does allow you to differentiate that these people withdrew because they did not receive any interviews, and thus, seems applicable to me IMO

Well it does allow you to differentiate that these people withdrew because they did not receive any interviews, and thus, seems applicable to me IMO

I can see your point, the question is how do you differentiate those that withdrew because they didn't get interviews vs. didn't interviews or rank for other reasons? It would be introducing a variable that we don't know the answer to.

I can see your point, the question is how do you differentiate those that withdrew because they didn't get interviews vs. didn't interviews or rank for other reasons? It would be introducing a variable that we don't know the answer to.

I took the number that withdrew and multiplied it by the percentage that withdrew based on not getting an interview (specified in match results), and added it to the amount that entered the match but did not match.

I took the number that withdrew and multiplied it by the percentage that withdrew based on not getting an interview (specified in match results), and added it to the amount that entered the match but did not match.

I know you did.

The percentage is defined as "No interview offers or no acceptable programs to rank" So like I said, how can you differentiate those who got no interviews vs who didn't rank any because they didn't like the site, refused to move, didn't like the people, stipend too low, etc?

Didn't match. :( Pretty disappointing overall. Best wishes to everyone who got a spot.

Didn't match :(

I knew I shouldn't have been so cocky but it doesn't help that everyone there told me I was a shoe-in.
Sigh. And what sucks is that I was shy 1 ranking position. Most depressing day yet... I've emailed and called over 12 positions in the first 2 hours but they either didn't reply yet or they actually filled the position from rolling or from within.

:(

Didn't match either :(

I have been trying to scramble but with no luck, I sent several emails out at noon and having been trying to call several times since noon but with no answer.

I wish if the spots were filled they would just email back and say so, this checking my email every 5 minutes is annoying.

Does anyone know if all the spots are filled yet?

Do some programs just not answer the phone on match day?

I've heard some sites a few years back filled after 2 weeks. But also, some of the places are waiting to find out if they're going to use the funding for a PGY2 within. Another place filled, and this can be seen when you refresh the page as the list is periodically updated.

And then there are some that intentionally enter the scramble (though it sounds kind of bogus) thinking you get the most determined candidates (like being unmatched yet still determined to soldier on)...and so forth.

I'm just surprised about some of the positions that are listed. A good amount of VAs near the east coast. What happened there?

I'm so depressed, of all five people that I talked to from my class, they all matched.

has anyone here scrambled successfully and how was the process? only one program has responded so far, only to say they're "sorting things out" and would contact me by the end of the week. it's not looking good :(

Congrats!!

Scramble moves fast, so don't wait around. A lot of places may have candidates who work there or are rotation students waiting for those spots. Email and call until you get a response.

I'm just surprised about some of the positions that are listed. A good amount of VAs near the east coast. What happened there?

I interviewed at one of the unmatched ones, and I can see why it is unmatched (not going to elaborate). Others may be similar.

Didn't match either. Only applied to and interviewed with 2 programs but still surprised and disappointed. Reached out to 2 programs today but haven't gotten a response. I wonder how long I should wait before giving up?

I interviewed at one of the unmatched ones, and I can see why it is unmatched (not going to elaborate). Others may be similar.

Can I DM you for info about this? I was trying to scramble and contact one of the unmatched sites earlier and I don't want to get stuck at a miserable program.

Can I DM you for info about this? I was trying to scramble and contact one of the unmatched sites earlier and I don't want to get stuck at a miserable program.

Yeah you can PM me any specific questions. This is the program you said before that you applied to. I wouldn't call it miserable, and I would definitely scramble there as opposed to not doing a residency, just has some negatives.

We scrambled an amazing resident.

anyone willing to anonymously post/PM the scramble list? curious what's out there compared to last year. particularly NYC...lots of unmatched places last year so i'm wondering if it's the same this year.

And in other news, how the hell did ________ not match 5 of their 6 spots? Match people log in and look, I don't think i can disclose the program on here (not that I would usually care).

And in other news, how the hell did ________ not match 5 of their 6 spots? Match people log in and look, I don't think i can disclose the program on here (not that I would usually care).

I seem to remember that same thing happened last year. Also, several programs didn't match 2 out of 2.

We're in the scramble as a site and while I'd rather be on this side than the candidates' side, this is no picnic either. We've interviewed some really great candidates so far. Only about 40 more CVs to wade through, which to be honest, ain't gonna happen.:eek: I'll put together some scramble recommendations from the site perspective when this is all over.

We're in the scramble as a site and while I'd rather be on this side than the candidates' side, this is no picnic either. We've interviewed some really great candidates so far. Only about 40 more CVs to wade through, which to be honest, ain't gonna happen.:eek: I'll put together some scramble recommendations from the site perspective when this is all over.

I look forward to that!

Just curious, is it a hospital site?

Wow those match rates are depressing. Are there any advocacy groups out there for more stringent accreditation standards (I am envisioning something like this but perhaps not as drastic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexner_Report#Closure_of_many_medical_schools) until we get more funding for residencies?

I feel like the rates are going to keep declining.

How great would it be if we had a 95% match rate like the med students?

Difference is....MD students aren't ready (or even legally allowed) to practice without a residency, PharmD students can practice immediately. Residency ceases to become a differentiation factor, it simply becomes just another requirement.

There's probably issues with funding vs. medical residencies but i don't feel like looking things up right now.

Wow those match rates are depressing. Are there any advocacy groups out there for more stringent accreditation standards (I am envisioning something like this but perhaps not as drastic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexner_Report#Closure_of_many_medical_schools) until we get more funding for residencies?

I feel like the rates are going to keep declining.

Then more people would be competing for clinical jobs requiring residency. If I had a dollar for every time someone mentioned new schools and the job market in this forum, I bet I could pay a semester's tuition :smuggrin:

I'm pretty entrenched in the scramble right now and it is so not fun.

Just curious, do you pharmacists out there think it's better at this point to scramble to a less desirable residency or try to wait a year and do it all over? I don't have any hospital experience at this point, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be for me to find a hospital position in the meantime.