Match vs Non-match GPR/AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to narrow down my choices for applying to GPR and AEGD programs this fall. I was hoping to get some advice as to how to handle applying to both non-match and Match programs. I understand that if I participate in Match, I, for all intents and purposes, must go to the program I match with. What keeps crossing my mind is this scenario where I get accepted to a non-match program that is pretty good, but the top program I really want is a Match program. In this scenario, I turn down the non-match program hoping to get my top choice and then get matched with a program even less desirable than the non-match program I was accepted to but now I must go there; or I don't get matched at all.

I realize I am counting my chickens before they hatch, but I can't help but worry about a scenario like this. Is there really anything I can do? Why can't everyone be either match or non-match? I almost feel like I should stick entirely to non-match or entirely to match programs to avoid the headaches and what-ifs.

Members don't see this ad.