Matching with a low score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
long story short, i ended up with a low step 1 score (205). otherwise a us grad at a good school and solid resume. looking at the 2011 charting outcomes 8 of the 11 applicants with scores between 201-210 were accepted. i was wondering whether there is a way for me to know which these programs might be, where i have a more realistic chance of getting matched. thank you for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

wow, i dont know...i think you have a very very very uphill battle. Those people that matched must have done extensive research at those institutions/great connections.

long story short, i ended up with a low step 1 score (205). otherwise a us grad at a good school and solid resume. looking at the 2011 charting outcomes 8 of the 11 applicants with scores between 201-210 were accepted. i was wondering whether there is a way for me to know which these programs might be, where i have a more realistic chance of getting matched. thank you for any advice!

I would take those outcomes with a grain of salt. Many of those probably had connections (and knew it) and therefore didn't self-select themselves out of applying in the first place.