Math killed my GPA....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kiwi210

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm about to finish my second semester of college and I think I screwed up big time. My first semester I had all science courses and had a GPA of 3.9. This semester I had three math courses that were hell. I'm not finished with the semester yet but I'm predicting my GPA to be around 3.4. My cumulative will still be over 3.5. Is this situation as bad as I think this is and if so, how do I recover?

Members don't see this ad.

You're only in your second semester so I would definitely not worry about it. You are well on your way to a fantastic science GPA and you have plenty of time to bring your cumulative back up. If you got below a C in any of the classes I would consider retaking them, but other than that you will probably be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I will have low Bs but definitely nothing lower than a C. Will vet schools look down upon it though?

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel so much better now, thank you!

So I'm about to finish my second semester of college and I think I screwed up big time. My first semester I had all science courses and had a GPA of 3.9. This semester I had three math courses that were hell. I'm not finished with the semester yet but I'm predicting my GPA to be around 3.4. My cumulative will still be over 3.5. Is this situation as bad as I think this is and if so, how do I recover?

I am just honestly curious.... what three math courses are you taking? Just wondering what 3 math courses you can take in one semester without having completed the previous math course. Also, are these math courses all required for vet school admissions? I thought they only really required stats and maybe some wanted pre-calc, if I remember correctly. Depending on if they are pre-reqs for vet school or not also changes certain GPA calculations, but I still would not sweat over having a B, I wouldn't sweat over even getting a C or 2 to be completely honest, as long as you can show that you can do well in other courses.

I am just honestly curious.... what three math courses are you taking? Just wondering what 3 math courses you can take in one semester without having completed the previous math course. Also, are these math courses all required for vet school admissions? I thought they only really required stats and maybe some wanted pre-calc, if I remember correctly. Depending on if they are pre-reqs for vet school or not also changes certain GPA calculations, but I still would not sweat over having a B, I wouldn't sweat over even getting a C or 2 to be completely honest, as long as you can show that you can do well in other courses.
I'm taking trigonometry, biostatistics, and algebra 2. I'll be honest, I'm not strong in math which is weird because I do really well in science. I need trig and algebra 2 as a pre-req for Calc and I decided to take stat and get that out of the way

I'm taking trigonometry, biostatistics, and algebra 2. I'll be honest, I'm not strong in math which is weird because I do really well in science. I need trig and algebra 2 as a pre-req for Calc and I decided to take stat and get that out of the way

I see. I was just curious. We all have that one subject that we are just not that great at (*cough, physics, cough*), so get help as you need it and keep working hard, that is all you can do.

Reactions: 1 user