may 15 deadline - amcas traffic rules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

common man

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
no acceptances yet but i am hoping for two acceptances before may 15 - i know this sounds unlikely but please entertain the hypothetical. out of obligation, i will be abroad for all of may with limited internet access. past threads indicate that people hold multiple acceptances after may 15 because they are unaware of financial aid package (applies to me). if accepted within 2 weeks, do i still have a hard may 15 deadline? i am not someone who has been holding an acceptance since december. i appreciate your input. thank you and good luck to those of you waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad.

Just take a look at each COA for the schools in question. That will most likely be your financial aid package in loans.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently you get some time to decide not to exceed two weeks, regardless of the May 15 deadline.

i will be abroad for all of may with limited internet access. past threads indicate that people hold multiple acceptances after may 15 because they are unaware of financial aid package (applies to me). if accepted within 2 weeks, do i still have a hard may 15 deadline? i am not someone who has been holding an acceptance since december. i appreciate your input. thank you and good luck to those of you waiting to hear back.
If you do not respond in short order to offers (especially those made late in the cycle), the school is under no obligation to maintain that offer until a response is made.