May 15th Deadline Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BAM!

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of us who had late interviews and are expecting to hear back next week, will we have to make a decision by May 15th or will it be 2 weeks from the decision?

For example:
Lets say I hold an acceptance at School X. Then lets say my top choice, School Y accepts me on May 12th. Does that mean I have to withdraw from School X and accept School Y by May 15th?

or

will I have two weeks from May 12th to make a decision?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not positive, but I think we're still held to the May 15th deadline

What about if you hold an acceptance now but are still waiting to hear post-interview from another school, which then accepts you after May 15th, say May 30. How long to decide? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
angel5 said:
Can a school still accept you after the May 15th deadline?

I don't think so. I think the May 15 deadline applies to them, too.

I would hope they could. I haven't heard back from AECOM yet, after interviewing in mid-March. :thumbdown:

browniegirl86 said:
I don't think so. I think the May 15 deadline applies to them, too.

A SCHOOL DEFINITELY CAN.

Another question about May 15. Do schools with unranked waitlists already have a list of acceptances ready to go out on the 16th, or is the 16th the day they start going through apps again (in which case one would hear back significantly later?)

drhouse said:
Another question about May 15. Do schools with unranked waitlists already have a list of acceptances ready to go out on the 16th, or is the 16th the day they start going through apps again (in which case one would hear back significantly later?)

I would imagine that the school would have some sort of a list of applicants after they reviewed them again. The reviewing would prob be prior to May 15.