May 15th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the date was to relinquish multiple acceptances for osteopathic medical schools? Is it May 15th, the same date for allos?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no date that you HAVE to do anything. The May 15th date is when allopathic schools all get to see who has and who hasn't been accepted yet. They can then pressure you or possibly revoke your acceptance if you don't commit to them. Usually, its a few weeks after may 15th before you see any waitlist movement.

I don't even think DO schools get a list like that at all.

Robz said:
There is no date that you HAVE to do anything. The May 15th date is when allopathic schools all get to see who has and who hasn't been accepted yet. They can then pressure you or possibly revoke your acceptance if you don't commit to them. Usually, its a few weeks after may 15th before you see any waitlist movement.

I don't even think DO schools get a list like that at all.

Yeah, but they certainly make sure you get your $1000 deposits in on time! :eek: At least NYCOM, that is.

PublicHealth said:
Yeah, but they certainly make sure you get your $1000 deposits in on time! :eek: At least NYCOM, that is.

I'm waiting on a credit card i applied for to put my $1000 deposit on for NSUCOM.

I have never owned my own card before...scary how much I'll put on it to begin with. The good thing though is its just until my financial aid comes in august then that puppy is getting paid off asap!