May 15th.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon0013

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do we have until may 15th to keep one acceptance or do you have to do it before the 15th? also what is the best way to notify them that you don't want your spot? can it be fax, e-mail or does it have to be snail mail? im having a hard time deciding because im not sold on either school that im considering at the moment and am counting on the waitlist....

Members don't see this ad.

I think either snail or email works fine. I sent my schools a hard copy, and emailed them the same day to let them know it was coming and hopefully speed up the process for people on waitlists. One school even emailed me back and said the snail-mail wasn't necessary - that an email was sufficient. As for the whether to withdraw before or on the 15th...I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows.

SuzieQ3417 said:
I think either snail or email works fine. I sent my schools a hard copy, and emailed them the same day to let them know it was coming and hopefully speed up the process for people on waitlists. One school even emailed me back and said the snail-mail wasn't necessary - that an email was sufficient. As for the whether to withdraw before or on the 15th...I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows.
I heard that it should be in writing. When I was at Cornell, the admissions staff talked about how some students who were on wait-lists started forging emails (a long time ago I heard). I dont know if it is true or not, it seems a bit dramatic and farfetched, but I guess they were making a point either way.... I hope that the people who got in, didnt get screwed over by those forged emails!

Members don't see this ad :)
adiddas125 said:
I heard that it should be in writing. When I was at Cornell, the admissions staff talked about how some students who were on wait-lists started forging emails (a long time ago I heard). I dont know if it is true or not, it seems a bit dramatic and farfetched, but I guess they were making a point either way.... I hope that the people who got in, didnt get screwed over by those forged emails!

holy **** thats some crazy extreme crap....how crappy would it be to find out that your friend forged a letter so they could take your spot...

do you think that an email say the 14th followed by a letter would suffice?

i'm sure this is answered somewhere else, but who should you address the letter to and what's sufficient to write?