May Test Takers, Current Practice Test Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Worried12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for people who are taking their test in May. The "The Official May 2012 DAT Club" by SmilingTooth was getting a little cluttered (however it is still very helpful, Thanks again SmilingTooth!) so I decided to make this thread.

This thread is to list your current PRACTICE FULL TEST RESULTS (in any program) and to help each other gauge an understanding of how everyone else is at in order to set goals and to see how your progress is going before your test in May! This thread is NOT meant to discourage others and/or to boast of your own scores. Please be kind to one another! :)

Topscore 1

AA: 21
Biology: 19
G Chem:19
O Chem:21
PAT :24
QR :22
RComp :22
TScience:20

Topscore 2 (taken today, May 1st)

AA: :21
Biology: 21
G Chem:19
O Chem:20
PAT :25
QR :22
RComp :22
TScience:20

I'm taking my test May 11th btw!

Members don't see this ad.

Alrighty here's my results from Topscore #3...

Bio : 19 (missed 8, LOTS of random questions in this one)
GC: 19 (missed 5)
OC: 25
PAT: 23
RC: 25
QR: 26

That's it, that was my last full length practice test. I'm glad this is my last one, I'm regaining a little bit of confidence from when Kaplan #3 scared me... Going to be going over my incorrect answers and notecards today and tomorrow, then test day :scared:

Alrighty here's my results from Topscore #3...

Bio : 19 (missed 8, LOTS of random questions in this one)
GC: 19 (missed 5)
OC: 25
PAT: 23
RC: 25
QR: 26

That's it, that was my last full length practice test. I'm glad this is my last one, I'm regaining a little bit of confidence from when Kaplan #3 scared me... Going to be going over my incorrect answers and notecards today and tomorrow, then test day :scared:

is the scoring on the actual test similar? missing only 5 brings you down to a 19?! and missin 8 bio to a 19??

Members don't see this ad :)
But I took my very first achiever test and bombed it. :D

PAT: 18
QR: 24
RC: 14
BIO: 17
GC: 19
OC: 18
TS: 18

Last edited:
Worried about my scores now.... on Top Score #2 I got:

Bio: 21
OC: 19
GC: 18
QR: 19
RC: 20
PAT (used CDP): 21

So I basically improved on bio a little (i feel like i got lucky) and stayed the same with OC and GC but did a little worse on RC and QR. I'm consistently running out of time on the QR and for whatever reason I can't go back and see the explanation to the answer for RC, there's probably not much to see though, I mean it's in the passage and I must've misunderstood.

Worried about RC now... I was doing great on the Kaplan RC's (22-25) I'm not sure what to make of it. I think it's bc when I finish the sciences and PAT I just want to see my score and rush through RC and then just suck at QR. How does Top Score QR compare to the real DAT QR, timing wise? I didn't get to the last like 4 questions and I even skipped 2 or 3 on the way.

njohns: Thanks man I appreciate the confidence boost! I'm going to need it for tomorrow :)

member8586: I'm not sure, but from what i've experienced in practice tests i usually miss

6-8 in each bio section, putting me near 19-21
5-7 in each gc section, putting me near 17-19
5-6 in each oc section, putting me near 19-21

TXpredent, don't let your confidence get shaken (and your scores are looking good)! It's happened to all three of us now (njohns was put on edge by achiever 1, my confidence was shot after Kaplan #3) - just try and shake it off and keep pushing forward! Watch some motivational videos if you have to! For QR, I just try to get through the problems FAST. I'm terrible at math, but what helped me was just trying to get through them. This means most of the time I run across 5-7 more difficult problems, just click a random answer, mark it and move on. Then, after I've gone through all of them questions the first time through, I'll still have 5-7 minutes left to try and do what I can with the more difficult "marked" questions.

For motivation, this video worked for me haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSYtQy9EqTA

njohns: Thanks man I appreciate the confidence boost! I'm going to need it for tomorrow :)

member8586: I'm not sure, but from what i've experienced in practice tests i usually miss

6-8 in each bio section, putting me near 19-21
5-7 in each gc section, putting me near 17-19
5-6 in each oc section, putting me near 19-21

TXpredent, don't let your confidence get shaken (and your scores are looking good)! It's happened to all three of us now (njohns was put on edge by achiever 1, my confidence was shot after Kaplan #3) - just try and shake it off and keep pushing forward! Watch some motivational videos if you have to! For QR, I just try to get through the problems FAST. I'm terrible at math, but what helped me was just trying to get through them. This means most of the time I run across 5-7 more difficult problems, just click a random answer, mark it and move on. Then, after I've gone through all of them questions the first time through, I'll still have 5-7 minutes left to try and do what I can with the more difficult "marked" questions.

For motivation, this video worked for me haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSYtQy9EqTA

ouch anyone know if thats how the real DAT fluctuates around as well?

Here are my topscore #3's:
To Member8586, I will put how many I missed for each [x].
I don't know if the scoring is the same for the real DAT...but I'd imagine it's similar (I always reference a Kaplan "score conversion sheet" that says was "estimated from released DAT material").

AA 22 [25]
BIO 21 [4]
GC 19 [5]
OC 23 [3]
PAT 19 (Achiever #3) [23]
QR 26 [2]
RC 20 [11]
TS 21 [12]

Feel pretty good about that one, but I think it's only because I'm getting used to the way Topscore tests you...ie know exactly how to best tackle RC (all 9 passages are the same) and QR section very similar on all 3.

To Tex: I am also super worried about reading...if I bomb it all the others scores are worthless. Ran outta time on the third passage and stupidly didn't leave enough time to even guess the last 4-5. But Idk what to tell you man, I'm just hoping for the best. For QR tho I do think the real will be on par with topscore, maybe a little harder. Like worried said, you really do just have to fly thru them and use shortcuts when you can. What's your plan of action these next few days? I'm scared that I'm going to get discouraged after Kaplan #3...hah

To clubwest I don't think those are bad Achiever scores at all! Do some searching about how insane achiever is, it'll make you feel better.

I don't think Kaplan #3 will be discouraging, you'll see what you missed and be like "oh i knew that but you tricked me", at least thats how i felt. I did some Destroyer today just to try and stay fresh on the subjects. Tomorrow I'm doing Top Score #3 and I'll do CDP #10 and hopefully squeeze in some more Destroyer or the Kaplan subject tests (I'm out of practice tests). Then Saturday is review the stuff I got wrong and probably more Destroyer (this will be 3rd time going through it) and then Sunday is the real deal for me. This thread really helped, I'm glad I "met" you guys.

PS - good luck on your exam tomorrow Worried!

Last edited:
Thanks TX!

Alright guys, this is it for me. If I don't know it by now, I won't know it period (insert nervous chuckle)

Best of luck to all of you studying! If you don't hear back from me by tomorrow night then I bombed it (insert another nervous chuckle here)

Here are my topscore #3's:
To Member8586, I will put how many I missed for each [x].
I don't know if the scoring is the same for the real DAT...but I'd imagine it's similar (I always reference a Kaplan "score conversion sheet" that says was "estimated from released DAT material").

AA 22 [25]
BIO 21 [4]
GC 19 [5]
OC 23 [3]
PAT 19 (Achiever #3) [23]
QR 26 [2]
RC 20 [11]
TS 21 [12]

Feel pretty good about that one, but I think it's only because I'm getting used to the way Topscore tests you...ie know exactly how to best tackle RC (all 9 passages are the same) and QR section very similar on all 3.

To Tex: I am also super worried about reading...if I bomb it all the others scores are worthless. Ran outta time on the third passage and stupidly didn't leave enough time to even guess the last 4-5. But Idk what to tell you man, I'm just hoping for the best. For QR tho I do think the real will be on par with topscore, maybe a little harder. Like worried said, you really do just have to fly thru them and use shortcuts when you can. What's your plan of action these next few days? I'm scared that I'm going to get discouraged after Kaplan #3...hah

To clubwest I don't think those are bad Achiever scores at all! Do some searching about how insane achiever is, it'll make you feel better.

ouch ...i hope its off..thats really scary that 5 wrong can bring you to a 19 and 3 to a 21 :eek: damn i just got even more nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
Yikes I Just took topscore #2 and practically every score fell! I bombed Gen chem again. I focused on it for the past two days! I haven't gone over the test yet, maybe I'll feel better about it after I see what I missed. I also didn't get much sleep last night (roommates got pretty rowdy around 3am) So I hope that had something to do with the drop. My plan is to go over the test, run through chad's General chemistry quizzes and then go back through destroyer gen chem and ochem for the third time. My test is on Friday! I still have topscore #3 and the ADA practice test to do as well. I am feeling good about reading comp though. From what I remember it seems like the topscore passages are similar to the ones on the actual dat.
AA 19
Bio 18
GC 15 (ouch!)
OC 20 (+2 points from ts1)
Pat 21
Qr 18
Rct 22
Does anybody have any advice on how to improve my gen chem score? I made a 20 in this section the last time I took the dat and would like/need to score around there again.
Also taking this test with mild sleep deprivation made me nervous about taking the actual dat without a good nights sleep before hand.
Njohns24 you should feel good about that score! Just looking at it makes me jealous. I know that you put a lot of hard work in to get there. I think you are going to kill the real thing!

My topscore #1
Bio 20
Chem 20
OC 20
RC 20
QR/PAT not prepared for the QR and doing CDP(21~23)

My test date is on June 1st and this is the result from the lastweek and I will be taking topscore#2 within fewdays..

great scores, I had like an 18 TS on my last Top Score and still managed a 23 AA and 23 TS on the real DAT somehow

Here is my Top score number 3
AA 21
Bio 22
Gchem 18
OC 20
PAT 21
QR 22
RC 22
TS 20
Since my topscore test number two I have been freaking out. I made a 15 in gen chem on both topscore test 1 and topscore test 2. I was considering postponing my test because of those two low scores. I really didn't want to do that! I have been studying insanely hard the past four days and it feels good to get to see the improvement. Timing wise I felt really on point during this one. I am really surprised by my bio score because I had to guess on quite a few of those. I had originally planned to do an ADA test as well as the three topscore tests but now I'm thinking that I will just run through Qvault instead. What are ya'lls thoughts . I've already been through destroyer twice ( I've done gen chem. 3 times)

Top Score 2

Bio 20
Chem 19
Orgo 18

Rest are okay... seriously, I only went through destroyer once and better go through it couple more times.

Last edited:
okay..
I just took topscore#2
Bio19
Chem 19
Ochem 23
PAT 20
RC 19
TS20
QR (Still reviewing..)

It seems like I have improved on OChem but no improvements on any other sections...

don't worry, keep it up. Just make sure you understand why you missed the questions you did. Those scores look fine!

thanks TXpredent, I am doing CDP and CDR and these two sections are really different in topscore.
The quality(picture) is really bad on topscore and the reading section on topscore can be easily answered with Search and Destroy method. But the search and destroy method does not work with CDR... So I am wondering how is real DAT reading section will be like... more like topscore? or more like CDR?

the good news is I got 14 on first CDR test and pulled up to 18 on my CDR test#6 :)
and I scored 20/19 on topscore reading sections.

@clubwestpua: when is your test date?

thanks TXpredent, I am doing CDP and CDR and these two sections are really different in topscore.
The quality(picture) is really bad on topscore and the reading section on topscore can be easily answered with Search and Destroy method. But the search and destroy method does not work with CDR... So I am wondering how is real DAT reading section will be like... more like topscore? or more like CDR?

the good news is I got 14 on first CDR test and pulled up to 18 on my CDR test#6 :)
and I scored 20/19 on topscore reading sections.

@clubwestpua: when is your test date?

Right now it's on Jun 19th but not until I can score 22~23 on sciences :cool: