Maybe helpful? Free MCAT Physics problems that I wrote

Mikewof

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm brand new here, I'm a Ph.D. Physicist, trained a lot of students over the years in strategies for the MCAT Physics questions. The students I trained kept telling me that my methods were good, and it helped them. For instance I show how to use the units in the answer choices to figure out the equation needed to solve the problem, and I show how to to find shortcuts to maximize time.

My background is that I used to be s science journalist before I became a physicist, so I enjoy finding ways to make physics easier for people, because I suffered through some of the same confusing physics instruction as everyone else when I was an undergrad. I wrote end-of-chapter problems a university physics textbook and I have taught about a thousand students in my teaching career.

After hearing compliments about my methods for a few years, I finally decided to try to write an MCAT prep for the physics problems only, since those one seem to be difficult for many students. I made a Kickstarter for it, but it's obvious to see that it's not going to succeed. I was pretty depressed over it, but such is life.

However, my friend and I wrote a 17-problem sample problem set for the Kickstarter, and it may be useful if you're training for the MCAT. At least our work won't be completely wasted. Here is the link for the problems, completely free, no strings attached, please just use them and I hope you find them helpful. The original plan was to write up to 200 of these, but I guess 17 of them is better than zero of them.

http://outlawscientists.com/sample_outlaw physics_set.pdf

Completely free, step by step solutions included. I hope you find them useful.

-- Mike Wofsey

Members don't see this ad.