MBA Program at University of Southern Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveLife801

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to the University of Southern Nevada pharmacy program in UTAH! starting Fall of '09... Just wondering if anyone has applied for the MBA program? I did... :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not going to attend USN, but I'll share my opinion.

MBA degrees can be pretty easily attained from crap schools these days (exp. Uni. of Phoenix) so I think it really matters which institution you earned it from and the experiences you take away from it. As for USN's MBA program, it seemed to me like you were more or less purchasing the "MBA" designation.

It also seemed strange to me that at USN you didn't need any pre-reqs, prior degree, or GMAT scores to enter the MBA program, you just needed an extra 20 thou. I think if you just want to bust out a few USN block exams, probably forget 85% of what you sort of learned about business, and style a few extra letters next to your name, then do it up.

I like USN's pharmd setup, but just research some top MBA programs and you might see where I'm coming from. It's all about the experience.

Last edited: