MBS Decision Advice: Drexel vs Rutgers vs TCMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tots120194

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know its really late into the summer but I need some help deciding between a postbacc program, and what to do moving forward.

I have a 3.06 cGPA, 2.93 sGPA, 493 MCAT. Plenty of EC, shadowing, etc

I got into four postbaccs, Drexel MBS, TCMC MBS, and both Rutgers Newark and Piscatawy GSBS programs. Heard a lot of good stuff about Rutgers Newark and Drexel MBS, but not much of the other two. Opinions would be appreciated, especially with my numbers!

Also: I just graduated undergrad a couple months ago. Of course, the preference is getting into medical school after just one year out, but by the looks of it, it may take longer. I don't want to rush the process, but an advisor told me (but advised against it) that if I submit an AMCAS this summer and update them after just one semester of whichever program I end up going to, and also with a new MCAT if I'm ready to retake it by February, it would be possible but not likely. Do you guys think there's any way, or even a chance, to get into MD or DO schools after just one year out (Fall 2017)? Is it worth the trouble?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I know its really late into the summer but I need some help deciding between a postbacc program, and what to do moving forward.

I have a 3.06 cGPA, 2.93 sGPA, 493 MCAT. Plenty of EC, shadowing, etc

I got into four postbaccs, Drexel MBS, TCMC MBS, and both Rutgers Newark and Piscatawy GSBS programs. Heard a lot of good stuff about Rutgers Newark and Drexel MBS, but not much of the other two. Opinions would be appreciated, especially with my numbers!

Also: I just graduated undergrad a couple months ago. Of course, the preference is getting into medical school after just one year out, but by the looks of it, it may take longer. I don't want to rush the process, but an advisor told me (but advised against it) that if I submit an AMCAS this summer and update them after just one semester of whichever program I end up going to, and also with a new MCAT if I'm ready to retake it by February, it would be possible but not likely. Do you guys think there's any way, or even a chance, to get into MD or DO schools after just one year out (Fall 2017)? Is it worth the trouble?

Thanks in advance!

Btranqui
Hi, i have currently applied to the same programs. I'm still waiting to hear from them asI just submitted my application but, our stats are actually very similar:
cgpa: 3.2
Sgpa: 2.8
Mcat: 491

I was wondering if you coukd tell me which program you eventually choose and why. I hippie all is going well. Thank you!!