MCAT 2013 score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elena420

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have noticed there will not be a writing section in MCAT starting January 2013. Instead, there will be a voluntary, unscored trial section. But how will it affect the score system?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Curious about this as well.

AAMC states online that a good honest try at the voluntary section will yield a "reward".

The section will be unscored, so it won't matter if you do it or not. However, you will receive a reward for doing it.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I have read, it will probably be cash. Don't expect much, but they said they would compensate you for your time.

Do you guys think the time we wait for scores will be shorter, like say for instance 2 weeks instead of a month?

Do you guys think the time we wait for scores will be shorter, like say for instance 2 weeks instead of a month?

I'm pretty sure it will be around 2 weeks because everything else is marked by the computer except the writing section.

I say, everyone that writes their test in 2013 and 2014, ruin the AAMC research by messing around on these unscored sections. as a pay back for making us go through the mcat!