MCAT 2015: Do I need to completely update my materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scuba699

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All, quick question:

I am scheduled to take the 2014 mcat on January 23 (One of the last possible dates to take the 2014 exam )
As I am prepping for the 2014 exam, I have a full set of BR books, TPR books, as well as the EK 1001 series. I am worried that I will have to take the exam for a second time, and will be forced to take the 2015 exam. I am wondering if anyone has any opinions about how relevant and useful my old prep materials will be for the 2015 exam? If I do have to take the 2015 exam, will I need to completely update my prep materials or can I simply add additional books for the new sections( bio chem, social sciences, etc)?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Someone on SDN went through the new books and said they were same with added Biochem and obviously new books for the new sections. Worst case scenario, you probably have to buy the new section books.

Do you need to completely overhaul your amount of materials right now and buy new books? Not entirely. But you'll at least need to supplement what you currently have for the 2015. You may want to take a look at our page on SDN:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/next-step-mcat-tutor-office-hours.970/

There is definitely some useful stuff there for you and all potential 2015 test takers.