MCAT 2015 Mastery app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pgill97

JustAnotherPreMed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the MCAT 2015 Mastery app for iOS and I think they have an android version as well. Does anyone have any experience as to how useful the app is? They give the bio questions free and it costs $20 to unlock the other topics and 1000 questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe later some Chinese people will crack it and come up with an all-free version. We Chinese are so good at cracking american apps lol

I don't know if the app is any good. I was about to install it until I saw the creepy app permissions:
the app wants access to
  • browsing history and bookmarks
  • phone number and when calls are active which numbers are called

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if the app is any good. I was about to install it until I saw the creepy app permissions:
the app wants access to
  • browsing history and bookmarks
  • phone number and when calls are active which numbers are called
Hey all. Thank you for posting this. I represent HLT, the company that developed that MCAT app. Because users can email us from the app as well as other internet requirements, Google and Apple require us to disclose these permissions. Both stores: Google Play and iTunes, have very strict guidelines they enforce for apps requesting these permissions.

I can promise you we don't do anything with device information other than use it to help diagnose technical issues when they arise. We have a 99% pass rate for people that use our app plus we offer a 200% money back guarantee.

Our company website is: www.hltcorp.com and the website for our app is: www.mcatmasteryapp.com for anyone who would like further information about us. :)

^^ I think if you were to use your real name and give your real email, people might be less nervous.

Hey all. Thank you for posting this. I represent HLT, the company that developed that MCAT app. Because users can email us from the app as well as other internet requirements, Google and Apple require us to disclose these permissions. Both stores: Google Play and iTunes, have very strict guidelines they enforce for apps requesting these permissions.

I can promise you we don't do anything with device information other than use it to help diagnose technical issues when they arise. We have a 99% pass rate for people that use our app plus we offer a 200% money back guarantee.

Our company website is: www.hltcorp.com and the website for our app is: www.mcatmasteryapp.com for anyone who would like further information about us. :)

99% pass rate for what? The MCAT is not pass fail.

Reactions: 4 users
**BUMP***

Does anyone know anything about this app? The reviews seem fake. I just want to know if someone used it successfully.

I have it downloaded on my iPhone, ipad... it's kind of meh. Not bad just meh.

Maybe later some Chinese people will crack it and come up with an all-free version. We Chinese are so good at cracking american apps lol

Jailbreak iOS gives you access to download free apps and make "some" purchases on other apps. The mastery app is good for content review, not necessarily for passage based questions.