Mcat 2015 prep start help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopefulpremed123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I was just wondering what is your opinion on TPR, EK, and TBR? Which one would you recommend is the best for starting fresh, for getting a good grasp of the basics? Specifically for the 2015 mcat, for a start which company do you recommend to start with for each section to have a solid foundation of the basics.
- specifically for the general chemistry/ biology sections.

For example if I start with EK, which might be able to help me get A foundation of the basics, and later on I can do say something like Kaplan which can help me "cement" my understanding.

So what do you guys recommend as a start for each section on 2015 exam, and which one we can later move on to, to perfect our skills!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Different MCAT companies offer different approaches to the MCAT. Some companies focus more on details others do not, but every MCAT company that produces a test prep book covers pretty much all the same topics.

MCAT books that go into more details than what is required for the MCAT often tell you their book goes into more details within the first few pages of their book.

The way to improve and really prepare for the MCAT is to take practice passage exams and learn how the questions will be asked on the exam. Content review for the MCAT is still very important and is a critical factor in your prep for the MCAT, but learning small details will likely not improve your score that much.

I'm also keen to know which books provide more extensive (but necessary) content review. I'm a non-trad who really needs a lot of brushing up on my content and foundation before I jump into the passages.