MCAT 2015 Preppers - Don't Forget! Only 1 more month to buy current AAMC!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blueprint MCAT Tutor

MCAT Guru
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood MCAT-Man --- the AAMC will shut off sales of their current tests and self-assessment packages in about a month. These resources are still good prep for the new MCAT (especially the verbal, the biology, and the general chemistry) and you can download PDF copies of them so that you'll have access as you prep for the new exam.

I would strongly recommend you purchase all of the tests and all of the self-assessments and download PDFs pronto. They're not so much good for timed simulations of full sections (that's what things like online practice tests or practice books are for) but as individual practice passages, they're still going to be a worthwhile investment.

Head over to e-mcat.com and pick them up.

Good luck!! :)

b.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is true...somewhat.

The AAMC will re-release current content in their new 2015 format sometime in Spring so that you will be able to access current practice content in a 2015 exam format. The self assessment package will also be revised to "fit" the 2015 test.

Here's what the AAMC have said about they used to call "Practice Sets" and are now just calling "Official MCAT Questions":

Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 6.44.35 PM.png

It doesn't say when it will be released, how much it will cost, or what "hundreds" means. That could literally just mean 200ish questions - the equivalent of a single test. Or they could be taking all five SAPs and all 8 tests and giving us every single question that's still relevant with a shiny new coat of 2015 paint on it. That'd obviously be the best, but I'm a fan of hedging my bets. It also doesn't say anything about creating a new SAP with the self-assessment tools and feedback built in.

I'd much rather have my hands on PDFs of everything currently available rather than hoping the AAMC will release more later. Given that they changed things so now you can't download a PDF of the official 2015 practice test, I'd be wary about waiting to see what comes out.

If you've seen anything from the AAMC that gives more info than this, please share! I'd definitely love to see something more informative.

Here's what the AAMC have said about they used to call "Practice Sets" and are now just calling "Official MCAT Questions":

View attachment 187734

It doesn't say when it will be released, how much it will cost, or what "hundreds" means. That could literally just mean 200ish questions - the equivalent of a single test. Or they could be taking all five SAPs and all 8 tests and giving us every single question that's still relevant with a shiny new coat of 2015 paint on it. That'd obviously be the best, but I'm a fan of hedging my bets. It also doesn't say anything about creating a new SAP with the self-assessment tools and feedback built in.

I'd much rather have my hands on PDFs of everything currently available rather than hoping the AAMC will release more later. Given that they changed things so now you can't download a PDF of the official 2015 practice test, I'd be wary about waiting to see what comes out.

If you've seen anything from the AAMC that gives more info than this, please share! I'd definitely love to see something more informative.

thanks for this. I have PDFs of the self-assessments and exams but I guess I should hold off on doing them until I see what the AAMC is releasing with their 'official mcat questions?' I take my test late may.

Also one thing I was concerned about is how to get guided solutions. I have a TPR course that ends in late january and after that I won't be able to get guided solutions to the self assessments/exams :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Also one thing I was concerned about is how to get guided solutions. I have a TPR course that ends in late january and after that I won't be able to get guided solutions to the self assessments/exams :(

Yeah after 1/31/15 there won't be any legal way to get full written explanations for them. I think having them plus an answer key is still more valuable than not, though.

AAMC answered a couple weeks ago - they will be re-releasing current practice material branded as 2015 content: http://puu.sh/dveE7.png

I anticipate all the current FLs and self assessments to be reworked and branded as 2015 material and released this Spring.

AAMC answered a couple weeks ago - they will be re-releasing current practice material branded as 2015 content: http://puu.sh/dveE7.png

I anticipate all the current FLs and self assessments to be reworked and branded as 2015 material and released this Spring.

Technically, though, they did not mention re-releasing, just releasing: "No, not until Fall of 2015. But in early 2015, we'll be releasing Official MCAT Discipline Packs. These will be hundreds of hundreds of questions by discipline for you to practice: http://ow.ly/EVrE5."

So they can be making new questions OR incorporating/re-arranging past content to fit the new MCAT's style. Who knows. But for those of us who are cash strapped, spending about $350 and saving the older tests and SAs and taking a risk is quite a difficult choice to make!

To be sure, the amount of official 2015 AAMC MCAT material will be much, much less. So maybe it's not a bad thing after all.