MCAT 2015 test takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medaholic Dr

Houston, we've a problem !
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all those who will be taking MCAT in 2015,
(1) What resources are you guys using?
(2) Can we use stuffs from the old MCAT to prepare for this new one?
(3) The new MCAT will have lots of graphs, tables, etc. Is there a need to take a course on Statistics in college to do well in this area?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be buying the Kaplan guides, and probaly a prep class. Also Stats was required for my school anyway, but it's helped in some bio classes here n there. I would take it because it's an easy A and it couldn't hurt.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going with 2013 TPR stuff, along with 2015 TPR psych/soc. and 2015 Kaplan Biochem
along with AAMC official 2015 guide
and 2015 practice test
along with tons of old materials like hyperlearning workbooks, TBR books, EK 101, etc..
for class I was registered with kaplan but decided to get a refund after learning about their 'higher score guarantee' and other stuff and went with a very small, not well known course

I have all the 2015 kaplan materials.. idk if I should use them over TPR though, I've continued to hear a lot of bad stuff about kaplan, plus they have no passages in their books. Still though a lot of the content seems similar when comparing the books

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm studying for the May MCAT and I'm using Kaplan 2015 which has been awesome for me thus far. TPR 2014 book and a Barron 2014 book, to ea. own but so far I've been diving into kaplans study plan and it's been very helpful!

I'm using the Kaplan MCAT 2015 for content review. I got an AAMC fee waiver, so I'll be getting The Official Guide to the MCAT and the associated practice questions for free. I also get free access to the online practice exam, which I can access up to 20 times. I'd suggest you guys also get the exam (It's $25, and you can access it up to 20 times). You can also get just the questions from The Official Guide to the MCAT (I believe they're just discrete questions, but don't quote me on that) for $10. You can also access those up to 20 times, but that is JUST the questions, the book is separate.