Mcat 25 and 3.91 Gpa. please advice !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GamerTheRock

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so i recently got my MCAT back.(10/6/9). Im already verified through aacomas. Do i have good chances through out the tristate ? Applying this cycle.

I have done research at my schools ( Ny resident ) went to suny school. Not any of the top schools.

Shadowed 200 hours
Patient to Patient contact 400 hours
Research 300 hours
Good LOR (Chairperson of bio department/Research professor/shadowing doctor) ( might have one of the trustee write me a letter for one school )

Also i was wondering is their any schools i could apply to around the tristate MD SCHOOL. I known my mcat is bad, but maybe gpa could help just maybe.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Your MCAT is too low for any MD consideration, and that 6 in VR is kind of a red flag for DO unless you're ESL.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think for both MD and DO you will need to retake the MCAT, for MD because the composite is too low and the 6 is killer, for DO because that 6 is killer. What are your s/cgpa?

OP will be competitive for DO schools if s/he applies broadly, especially to the newer schools. Skit CCOM, AZCOM and the NY and CA Tours. I can't recommend LUCOM. The 25 MCAT is lethal for MD schools.

I think for both MD and DO you will need to retake the MCAT, for MD because the composite is too low and the 6 is killer, for DO because that 6 is killer. What are your s/cgpa?