DO MCAT: 26 , sGPA: 3.69 , cGPA 3.49 and School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Steele

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my stats are as follows:
MCAT: 26 , sGPA: 3.69 , cGPA 3.49

All science courses were taken as post-bac except for a B in an environmental geoscience course I took the sophomore year of my undergrad.

In 2011 I trained for and passed the National Registration for EMT (NREMT), but the certification has since lapsed.

Completed Georgetown University's Post-Bac Pre-Med program last year, which will be writing my committee letter in August, and finished the last of my pre-reqs just this spring.

Research in peak troponin level standardizations for different races/BMI at Georgetown (pending publication).

125+ hours of volunteer as a patient advocate at a local hospital, 20+ hours of DO shadow, and 30+ hours of MD shadow (20 hours under a surgeon).

Have been working as a science, writing, and math tutor at my current college since Nov. 2014 at 20 hours per week.

I'm really curious about my school list, and would appreciate any assistance in weeding out any or any that I should add. I'm specifically looking for DO schools with an emphasis on international medicine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Do people normally apply to 20+ schools? I feel like my list is quite long.)

List:
A.T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona, AZ
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, AL
Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, AZ
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, IL
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IA
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus, SC
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill, PA
Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine, TN
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IN
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine, NY
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, WA
Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Osteopathic Medicine, CO
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (formerly UMDNJ SOM), NJ
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, NY
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada, NV
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Lebanon, OR
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA
William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MS

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That is a long list, your stats are pretty decent to get you in somewhere. I would try and cut it down to 15 Max, throw out the places where you would not realistically want to end up living.

Reactions: 1 user
That is a long list, your stats are pretty decent to get you in somewhere. I would try and cut it down to 15 Max, throw out the places where you would not realistically want to end up living.

Yes. That's what I was thinking too.

Does anyone know of any DO schools except for VCOM that emphasize international medicine?
(I have an issue with religious medical mission trips which VCOM seems to focus on, especially after reading this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/vcom-right-wing-christian-coalition-dream-come-true.218422/)

Last edited:
RVUCOM allows for your 3rd and 4th year rotations to be done at an international site of your choice. I think you just have to get it approved by both schools, look into it!