MD MCAT 39, gpa 3.85

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EliottReid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll repost later :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
All I can say is thank goodness I'm not applying in the same cycle as you are ;)

In all seriousness everything looks really impressive, well done! I personally would suggest adding some shadowing but I'm sure other SDN-ers with more experience will have better advice.

All I can say is thank goodness I'm not applying in the same cycle as you are ;)

In all seriousness everything looks really impressive, well done! I personally would suggest adding some shadowing but I'm sure other SDN-ers with more experience will have better advice.
Thank you, it is really nice to hear this.
I didn't shadow because I am always surrounded by doctors while scribing, so I thought it was shadowing, I see what they do and I follow them, isn't it the same thing?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
You seem to have a good application. Good luck.
How are your communication skills (for interviews)?

You seem to have a good application. Good luck.
How are your communication skills (for interviews)?
Thank you.

I would say, even if I am an introvert, I am pretty comfortable talking about subjects that interest me and talking in front of people. I think that all the volunteering and the scribing I did changed me because before I was really bad at approaching people just to socialize (but I have never had a problem giving speeches, doing presentations....etc.)

Your application is seriously kick ass

Reactions: 1 users
You're a rock star. Aim high. Hopefully that green card will arrive soon.

Hi, this is my first post here. I heard about this forum when I was watching a video of the UCD prehealth, those videos are nice, check them out if you don't know them.

Oops forgot the question: what do you think of my stats, my 2-3 gap years and chances to get into top schools (even if any school that has the mission that fits me is good)

Major: Chemistry and Biology.
GPA: 3.85
MCAT: BS 14 PS 13 VR 12
XP:

• ongoing 1500+ as a scribe (I am applying next year so I am not sure if I should add typical shadowing?)
  • 1.5 years research in plant pathology (1paper, tons of posters around the country and two talks in the school symposium). The school is a top 10 in the midwest but I have no idea of its ranking in the U.S.
  • ongoing 2 years research at a cancer institute with 2 papers and 2 presentations
  • 1semester research in organic chemistry (summer full time), I have a poster for that which I presented 4times (2 at school and two in two cities in the state)
  • 400+ volunteering at the VA (transport patients and talk to them)
  • ongoing 200+volunteering at a children hospital (helping nurses and transport kids)
  • ongoing 400+volunteering as a translator in a major organization
  • 200+ hours helping in a free clinic
  • Fundraising to help children in a 3rd world country (It was successful)
  • I can be an EMT but still need to figure out how to use my certificate :p
  • I was a TA for a science class for 3 spring semesters
  • ongoing: I also make videos online (Cell bio, genetics, chem, bio, math...etc.) to help some folks (French speakers) in a specific country understand their classes. (at least 3000 view each), I also have a facebook page where people can ask questions and I also add 3hours/week where I talk live on skype with students. All this is anonymous, so I don't know how to tell the adcoms about it.
  • I have worked 20h/week each semester
Excellent LORs
3 science, 2 PI, 1 non science (Eng professor), 1 community service

That's a lot of numbers because I am taking two gap years (maybe 3). I am waiting for my green card to be able to apply :(

Reactions: 1 user
You're a rock star. Aim high. Hopefully that green card will arrive soon.
Thank you.

It shouldn't take more than a year, so finger crossed to receive it by April next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk