MCAT and Neurobiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

V_K

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken neurobiology before having taken the MCAT and found the course to be helpful?

I will not have time to take neurobiology before my MCAT, but I would definitely open up a textbook and learn a couple of things...

Members don't see this ad.

I took neurobiology after the MCAT and only the stuff covered in the first 2 weeks of class would've been useful for MCAT (even that was overkill). The rest of the semester was way out of scope for that test.

I was a neuro major and took a few of my core neuro courses before the MCAT. Doesn't really help, it's out of scope for the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if neuro classes will be more useful for the new MCAT.

The amount of neuro you will need to know for the MCAT is minimal. Basically understanding the basics of the neuron and action potentials is as far as it goes.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone taken neurobiology before having taken the MCAT and found the course to be helpful?

I will not have time to take neurobiology before my MCAT, but I would definitely open up a textbook and learn a couple of things...

Not essential. Take biochem.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay thank you everyone!