MCAT / Applying in 2016 buddies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a non trad as well and would be great to have a few "Buddies" to check in and keep in touch with as I prep for summer mcat and applying next year.

Please PM me with your info and I'll share my email/phone #

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm a non trad as well and would be great to have a few "Buddies" to check in and keep in touch with as I prep for summer mcat and applying next year.

Please PM me with your info and I'll share my email/phone #

Hey, I'm planning on applying 2016 and studying for the MCAT. Not comfortable sharing info, but would be willing to participate in a less formal accountability thread right here.

OK sounds good! I'm studying now for the MCAT, taking in August.

What to use for VR? TPRH Verbal, EK 101 (Already did this before when I took MCAT the first time) and ..what else? Next step?

Members don't see this ad :)
For verbal I use AAMC question packs. they are the best source out there.

hey guys.. Im studying now and taking the MCAT in April to apply in May.. i'm finally doing it and i'm excited....

Hey i am self studying for this beast exam and plan on taki ng it in April of next year. I am a using the AAMC question packs. I sometimes get overwhelmed with all the material to cover and start freaking out. Not sure if anybody else feels the same way.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm taking it in May. Self studying biochem all December. Right now I have examkrackers, will probably buy the aamc question packs too. And I printed out 100 pages of summarized khan academy psych/soc videos that someone was kind enough to post to reddit I believe. Haven't looked at them to find out the quality of the info yet but I think it'll be pretty nice.

@doc2bec For the first few weeks I got overwhelmed with what I needed to know. Whenever I tried to studied it was just too much that I eventually gave up; so much testing material, and so much info to learn. I realized that its imperative for me to start now, as next semester i'm taking two courses (biochem & orgo) while working 45+ hours a week. So what I did was come up with a plan and started with my strongest subject, just to get in the swing of things and not feel overwhelmed. Its working well so far. I"m testing in May.

Also taking MCAT in April and applying in June 2016! Getting nervous and excited to start this part of my prep. Signed up for TPR course today, but will also be self-studying using a SN2Ed / MCAT Jelly type schedule to supplement the TPR course (TBR for passages, EK for another source of info)

I'm in! But already took the MCAT a few months ago.

@orangeblue
How is studying going and when do you plan on taking the exam? I am still pushing and shooting for April/May test date. Let's stay motivated!

For those of you taking in in January I wish you all the best. You can do it.

@
I'm taking it in May. Self studying biochem all December. Right now I have examkrackers, will probably buy the aamc question packs too. And I printed out 100 pages of summarized khan academy psych/soc videos that someone was kind enough to post to reddit I believe. Haven't looked at them to find out the quality of the info yet but I think it'll be pretty nice.

Would you happen to have the link to the the summarized Khan Academy psych/soc Vids to share with us? Thank you.

Fyi: Andrey Kopot at aklectures.com explains difficult subjects and makes them very easy to understand. He has lots Vids on biochemistry (and other subjects) that I found helpful.

Hey, I'm shooting for April/May as well. Definitely up for sharing study strategies and resources.

Already took the MCAT, but certainly interested in a non-traditional application cycle support group :)

@

Would you happen to have the link to the the summarized Khan Academy psych/soc Vids to share with us? Thank you.

Fyi: Andrey Kopot at aklectures.com explains difficult subjects and makes them very easy to understand. He has lots Vids on biochemistry (and other subjects) that I found helpful.

I actually don't have the link anymore. I just printed it all at work. I did save it to my computer though so if the file isnt too big you could pm me your email and I could try to email it. Also it looks like if you google reddit psych/soc khan academy summary or something to that effect you can find a few summaries. I didn't find the one that I have but I found a couple of others and I might just print those too. I can pm the ones I found if you'd like.

credit to the original creator(s), merely providing the links.

psychology/sociology notes https://www.reddit.com/r/Mcat/comments/3i1yq5/all_psychologysociology_notes_from_khan_academy/

I personally find taking notes a better learning tool than reading someone else's notes, so here is another resource if you have the time to go through KA videos.
khan academy videos indexed by AAMC content category https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...st-section-and-aamc-content-category.1157759/
I actually don't have the link anymore. I just printed it all at work. I did save it to my computer though so if the file isnt too big you could pm me your email and I could try to email it. Also it looks like if you google reddit psych/soc khan academy summary or something to that effect you can find a few summaries. I didn't find the one that I have but I found a couple of others and I might just print those too. I can pm the ones I found if you'd like.
@

Taking the MCAT may 20th! taking physics 2 and auditing biochem this semester, studying with EK and TPR (physics and soc/psych). Applying this summer. Good luck, everyone!