MCAT average not so high

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gravity falls

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been averaging around 26-29 on the practice MCATs [still have 10 and 11 left to do], and my actual test is one week.

I was hoping to score 30+ on the actual MCAT.
I have scored minimally at 10 on both PS/BS sections --- except the VR section kills me [I usually get a 6, with a max of 8 so far].

I can't cancel the test. What should I do? Should I just do the test and void the MCAT and take it again in Jan 2015?

So far::

4: 10/6/9 25
5: 10/8/9 30
7: 10/8/12 25
8: 10/6/10 26
9: 10/8/11 29

Members don't see this ad.

Look at your test 4,7,8 and see what your weak at and where you missed questions. By the looks of it you have same weaknesses. (or maybe strengths in test 5 & 9)

You may or may not improve up to a 30. I would score this test if you think u did well. hope for the best (30+) prepare for the worst, continue studying for Jan. Test

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to take AAMC 10 and 11 and see where I stand, I want to apply to MD program. If I end up scoring around 28 on this mcat, and retake it and score 30+ would that look good or would it hurt my application?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to take AAMC 10 and 11 and see where I stand, I want to apply to MD program. If I end up scoring around 28 on this mcat, and retake it and score 30+ would that look good or would it hurt my application?

You might want to check your math in adding up your subsections.....you made a couple calculation errors.

Some schools average MCAT scores, some take the highest, some take the most recent, it all varies. Obviously a sub 30 score isn't ideal, so a retake would be the wise choice to make.