MCAT confirmation for test day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiyaman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering If I needed to print out a mcat confirmation for the test date that I'm writing?

The mcat essentials only says you need I.D. with proper name etc.

I didn't read anything about printing out a mcat confirmation, I just figured that they would have a computer or something that had a list of names or something.

I just wanted to check if I needed to print out my test date on my AAMC account and bring it on test day?

Members don't see this ad.

They do have a list but honestly I would just print it out and keep it folded in your pocket just in case. I heard someone say once that the lady in the front asked to see it and the guy argued that the AAMC site says we don't need it but she wouldn't listen. Just keep it in your pocket so it's one less thing you have to worry about if you get a weirdo person checking. Also it would be useful if there was some kind of computer error and your name was left off the list. Crazy I know but for some reason on big tests it seems like crazy things have higher chance of happening and screwing someone over. I remember last year, someone's name wasn't exactly like their ID so they got sent home because they left the middle name out in the registration when it was on their ID.

:laugh:This is where having a wife:love: comes in handy. Mine made sure I had a lot of cash and $1's for the vending machines and replaced some of my credit cards the night before with as many of my picture ID's she had just in case and put the confirmation in my pants pocket. I guess if you don't have one then you could spend 5 mins doing all that yourself, Lol.

Good luck.

Last edited:
lol, yea i dont have a wife.. But I will print it out just in case.

I also stuffed two drivers licenses, I have the old one that hasn't expired yet, and the new one that I just got for when my old when expires lol.

I also made sure to triple check the names on my AAMC registration and driver's license.

I'm also bringing a small snack and water bottle for breaks.

I don't think I need anything else right?

I just hope their pencils aren't the crappy kinds that constantly break or something...

ALso I heard you can switch out scratch paper booklets between sections, can you do this with pencils as well?

I tend to write a lot during my testing, I just don't want a dull pencil...
But i think i'm overreacting.

There's no such thing as overreacting when you need to be as comfortable as possible to do your best. Get there way early so you don't have to listen to people type during VR.

The center I went to, the lady let me take how many pencils I wanted (she had a ton and there weren't many students so I took 4) and she said I could get more scratch paper during my breaks if I needed them (I took 3 sheets but didn't even use half of one side) but I don't use too much. I don't think there's anything else but check that confirmation page and email just in case. If you're there first and if the lady is nice then you could take 4 or 5 of the crappy pencils. I think those people are used to people being overly cautious and taking a lot of pencils/paper (at least at my center they were) so I doubt you'll be the first to take that many pencils or paper.

It might be different center to center or proctor to proctor so I would just ask when I get there.