MCAT Deciding Date Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tarek Tabbaa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently studying for the MCAT on January 25th however I feel like I am not prepared enough to take the test so I was debating whether or not to take it on March 22nd, the main issues I'm having that are making it hard for me to change the date is because I'm going on a study abroad trip in the first week of March, and I also want to get the MCAT over with as soon as possible so I can submit my application as soon as possible for medical schools. So if you could please give me some advice on when to take it that would be great!

Thank You and Have a Great Day

Members don't see this ad.

You're still about 3 months out, so I wouldn't worry too much about preparation at this point. If in 1-2 months, you're scores aren't close to your desired target, you may want to consider delaying then.

Applications for 2015 don't open until June so you can take your MCAT at the beginning of May and still your scores to send in on time. You have a large window of study time, don't rush the test at the cost of having to do it again. Take it in May if you don't want to risk it in March.